Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's Friday, yay!!!!
snfall.gif
smilefall.gif

@TheFishGuy I love Spring, too, it is actually my very favorite season! My preference goes like this: Spring, Fall, Winter and then Summer , which I would skip if I could
smheat.gif

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
It's Friday, yay!!!!View attachment 134504View attachment 134503

@TheFishGuy I love Spring, too, it is actually my very favorite season! My preference goes like this: Spring, Fall, Winter and then Summer , which I would skip if I could View attachment 134505
Yessss Friday! NO meetings, just an overload of work......... :) Then a pondfull weekend cause my liner is coming today, and so is my drainage pump, so I can fill it up to test it, and just pump it outa there in no time!

I do have to agree with you, Spring is my favorite, cause pond season starts up, but its not to hot and everything is flowring.... ahhhh

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The crew is here to stain and seal the deck, doing it all by roller and brush so they will be here for a while! Released 9 more monarch butterflies this morning, only 4 more to go. Making baked ziti for meals for next couple of days.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finished the wood on the boat, the stern rail now has 4 coats of epoxy and about 6 coats of varnish. It sure glows now!
Last coat now drying! Calm windless day............yeah!

Old, varnish removed with a heat gun and scraper, then sanded.
_Resized_Resized_20200601_184343_.jpg

New finish, in this journey I have learned the ins and outs of working with varnish, outside, in the sun, heat, wind.
Same corner now down
20201009_110343.jpg
20201009_110432.jpg
20201009_110411.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yessss Friday! NO meetings, just an overload of work......... :) Then a pondfull weekend cause my liner is coming today, and so is my drainage pump, so I can fill it up to test it, and just pump it outa there in no time!

I do have to agree with you, Spring is my favorite, cause pond season starts up, but its not to hot and everything is flowring.... ahhhh
How exciting it is to build a new pond! What are you going to put in it when it's done?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The crew is here to stain and seal the deck, doing it all by roller and brush so they will be here for a while! Released 9 more monarch butterflies this morning, only 4 more to go. Making baked ziti for meals for next couple of days.
I wish all my deck needed was a power washer and stain...we were gonna replace all the boards, but we couldn't find any lumber worth buying
we're still waiting on the mattress we ordered, and paid for 14 weeks ago...I don't get it!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
How exciting it is to build a new pond! What are you going to put in it when it's done?
welp, I am gonna first of all put in 2 koi, both growth stunted cause I bought one 2 years ago and the second one year ago. Then stuffed them into a 600 gallon pond, which got torn down so they got put into a 160 gallon stock tank pond, then back to a different 600 gallon pond. They have had a terrible life with me, and the oldest one is only six inches after two years, while the one year is only 4. They are the main reason.

a couple of tons of rocks.

around 1800 gallons of water.

two goldfish that I got recently for the pond.

a water lily that I also got recently for the pond.

and of course a bunch of other plants ( I will be raising water lotus and more lilies from seed this winter in my largest fish tank which I just tore down cause it was just growing algae so fast )

that's the plan!

yup, I know way more in detail than you asked for but i'm procrastinating on school work once again so whatever :)

I will probably add like 3 or so more goldfish next year, but I want to keep stocking fairly light as the koi deserve a good home after all these years.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wish I could have hired you to do my deck Addy! I do feel bad for these guys so have bottled water in freezer. Here almost 2 hours and 1 side railing done! The actual deck will go fast. Chose Avocado as the color, looks like guacamole! Hubby says money green!

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Home from nearly two weeks at Mom's house, going through decades of belongings in preparation of her move here soon!
My family did that recently with my great grandmas house, she moved into assisted living like 10 years ago and the basement flooded with 4 feet of water, so once that was resolved we basically cleaned out the whole thing, the same thing but not quite as fun.

( all I was thinking was that the basement would have been quite a nice sized koi pond, if we had just left the water :) )

I am sure you will enjoy being able to be around your mom more!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just watched one of the craziest NASCAR races I've ever seen. It rained the entire time, and downpoured a lot. At one point it was so bad at least a dozen cars spun out in less than two laps. They had a few huge puddles on the track that they ended up having to take care of.
Apparently rain is likely for tomorrow's NASCAR race, too, so that might be just as interesting.
nas3.jpg

nas2.jpg

nas1.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They calling for rain tomorrow? That would be interesting.

Yes!
Today's race will be the first Cup series race in rain in over 50 years, I believe they said. 90% chance of rain during the race, and reporters at the track say it's pouring currently.

Ask a Question