Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Baking muffins to take in to the bake sale. This is one of my short shifts, and truck will be in, so I won’t have time to make them fresh in the morning. This batch will be cinnamon strusel, I have the rest of the plain batch ready for blueberries, for tomorrow which is my other short shift.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Wow stay safe, things can be replaced your life can't.
That's the idea,

Based on the community meeting last night we should be good for another couple of days, but after that it really depends on how much wind we are getting.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's the idea,

Based on the community meeting last night we should be good for another couple of days, but after that it really depends on how much wind we are getting.
Keep in touch, if you disappear we will be concerned.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nah, I won't disappear. As long as I'm alive :)

Plus GPF is like the only thing that makes me not 100% bored out of my mind during the school day.
Lol, and if you need help understanding homework, you’ve got a few friends that might be able to help. Just don’t ask me about the math, that new way they teach it is lost on me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I ordered aquarium plants off of Dustin’s FishTanks, I should be getting plants they chose based on my needs, lighting, etc. But... Ups has the box just one town away, for the past two days. Temps are dropping into low 40s high 30s tonight. I reviewed their shipping and return policy. If the shipper screws up, they’ll ship me new plants for free. If I want a return it’s 110% refund. They truly stand by their plants. His YouTube Chanel is a bit loud from what I’ve seen, I prefer the calmer approach instead of trying to hype folks up by being super energetic in a video. Maybe he is that way most of the time, I prefer Rachel O’Learys calm attitude. But he knows his plants, and straight up says there is a 100% chance that they may come with snails as they are grown in green houses, and how to treat the plants to avoid them getting in the tank. I already have snails, not bothered in the least, but ups has me upset sitting on my plants for so long. I’m tempted to call them and just go to the ups place to open the box there and bring them home if they are still alive. I’ll update folks here, once I know if they are ok or not.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
His YouTube Chanel is a bit loud from what I’ve seen, I prefer the calmer approach instead of trying to hype folks up by being super energetic in a video.
I'm with you on that, I don't give loud or hyper videos a chance
Good luck with your plants!
smplant.gif

I know most of you don't care what day of the week it is, but I do ... it's FRIDAY!!!!
smfall5.gif

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I'm with you on that, I don't give loud or hyper videos a chance
Good luck with your plants! View attachment 134667

I know most of you don't care what day of the week it is, but I do ... it's FRIDAY!!!!View attachment 134666
And it’s a day off of school today! Even better for me :)

( cause there has been a lot of controversy on Columbus Day as a holiday, but the teachers still neeeded the extra work day, so they just shifted it 4 days late )

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So not happy with ups. So argue streets around here have a numaric “ name” which google maps uses, and a letter “name”, a-z, with a few having actual names like Union. Mine is O st, or some 4 digit number, and when I filled in the order form on the sellers website, it changed it to the google choice 4 digit number for street name, and I didn’t catch it. So UPS can’t find me... despite a quick google map search would solve it. So called the sender, talked with the lady running the office, got that fixed, so now I can expect them Monday as that’s when they deliver to boonies next.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So not happy with ups. So argue streets around here have a numaric “ name” which google maps uses, and a letter “name”, a-z, with a few having actual names like Union. Mine is O st, or some 4 digit number, and when I filled in the order form on the sellers website, it changed it to the google choice 4 digit number for street name, and I didn’t catch it. So UPS can’t find me... despite a quick google map search for that street name fixing the problem. Last roommate we had ordered packages all the time, they could find the 4 digit street number name just fine. Grrr.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
And it’s a day off of school today! Even better for me :)

( cause there has been a lot of controversy on Columbus Day as a holiday, but the teachers still neeeded the extra work day, so they just shifted it 4 days late )

They didn't give my son a day off for Columbus Day... I wonder why

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
They didn't give my son a day off for Columbus Day... I wonder why
Technically it isn't being called that, really just the end of the quarter for us, so the teacher sneeded and extra day for grading I think.

but hopefully your son will get off someday soon :)

it is nice to have a 3 day weekend!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Technically it isn't being called that, really just the end of the quarter for us, so the teacher sneeded and extra day for grading I think.

but hopefully your son will get off someday soon :)

it is nice to have a 3 day weekend!
He has nothing to complain about, he's a senior in High school, doing 100% virtual self pace learning
smileysmile.gif

Ask a Question