Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yesterday we cleaned up all the flowerbeds to get them ready for next Spring, and we removed the rest of the plants from the ponds.
I'm done feeding the fish, and rinsing pads every day....now it can snow, I'm good with that!
elf44.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have been so warm still the pond is still running, but getting to the point I will just shut it down just because it is time. Then groom the bog, if we freeze first, which I doubt, it will be groomed in the spring. It is still growing and green, lilies still growing even though I cut them all back, buds coming up.

My wildflower gardens I leave alone until spring, the praying mantis have tons of egg cases in there and other critters live in the dead stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Freezing rain/ wintery mix. So glad I’m home now, and have the next two days off. Had planned to take Buddy to the vet tomorrow to get his baby makers taken care of, but that may be postponed. I’ll call the vets office later to see. I drove dirt roads most the way home, the highways were starting to get slick. Temps are just dropping, not expected to get above freezing today.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
It got even more chilly here jamie, 9 degrees! And 13 inches of snowwwwww,

I thought well no big deal, everyone else gets a snow day but because I am fully virtual I wont, even my parents were making fun of me :)

Then I wake up today and find out some amazing person in this world decided even the virtual schools needed a snow day!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The building material for the fireplace was delivered, but the weather has not been dry enough to start construction...this fireplace seems to be taking forever, I can't wait to check that box!

This is the time that I start thinking about Spring projects. ...hummm what can hubby and I do next I wonder
smbat.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today hubbies dog goes to the vet! Due to slick road conditions, boss’ Boss told her just do the paperwork and orders, otherwise stay home. So I’ll go do that for her, after taking dog to the vet just a few doors down. Her car needs new tires. I drive dirt roads, can easily get there 70% on dirt, and am confident driving in slick conditions, where boss is not.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sheesh you have flowers still blooming! Good start to the fireplace and you will be grilling steak, chestnuts, marshmallow's and hotdogs soon.
That pic is two weeks old, we removed all the plants last weekend... we didn't order those bricks, they were leftover from the wall.
I don't eat any barbeque, that fireplace will be just for cuddling and stargazing.
...but I do want to try baking a pizza
smpizza.gif
smhalloween.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Buddy was funny at the vets. He tried to say no to going in, but the vet was coming in right behind him and helped get him in the door, then he just shivered, till one of my buddies up there walked up and then he just calmed down. I’ll have to make sure that guy knows I appreciate his help. I think he knew there would be sharp stuff near his male bits there! And horror of horrors, he’d be knocked out and his ears cleaned! Getting him a rabies booster too, considering what he thinks is fun out here to tackle. I need to buy boosters for the others when I get first shots for the three new pups. They apparently don’t like the noise of limbs cracking under ice, and growl up a tiny ferocious storm according to dad when he was out there.
We had folks calling in that they can’t work today, one I understand, one I sort of understand, but that leaves me maybe working overtime more when I’m already exhausted, or the boss going in when it will be even more dangerous. One of the two shifts is covered by the one employee who’s just lost her second grandma is less than a month. Her dads mom passed away two weeks ago, now she is having to set up funeral plans for her moms mom, and had to change the plans she had so she could cover. I expect I’ll have limbs across my driveway before dark, I’m tired, and haven’t slept yet today after being up all night, so I’m a bit grumpy about maybe having to work.

Ask a Question