Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm so grateful for this warm spell that allowed us to almost finish the fireplace!
... all we need to do is find the right veneer to cover the face of the black box, and finish the base

Fireplace1.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice! Love your fireplace!

We have enjoyed this wonderful 70ish day temps to enjoy our boat. It is winterized, engines, next being wrapped. Heading back home tomorrow.

The weather has been beautiful!

Did take a bit of time to add some bling to our boat kitchen.

OLD
20200321_072343(1).jpg

New
20201107_085217.jpg

Next going to change the counters, not removing just refacing....................maybe lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking good, addy. What kind of boat do you have, and how big is it?
390 express cruiser SeaRay. IE 39 feet. In good shape some things just need refreshing. It has two 454 V8's, low mileage.

I removed the leopard skin carpet. Removed three layers of sheet vinyl in the kitchen area, put down life proof 2x2 tiles on all of the flooring. Put new flooring on the deck, it was slippery, great teak looking foam flooring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Look at stone coat countertops, they make epoxy, and have some great tutorials on YouTube on how to make any kind of counter top look great. I’ll be doing mine with it at some point. I want copper, can’t afford the real stuff, so will be doing faux copper in epoxy.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Look at stone coat countertops, they make epoxy, and have some great tutorials on YouTube on how to make any kind of counter top look great. I’ll be doing mine with it at some point. I want copper, can’t afford the real stuff, so will be doing faux copper in epoxy.
I will research that, I remember you saying something in the past, but totally forgot about it. Thanks

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Very nice! Love your fireplace!

We have enjoyed this wonderful 70ish day temps to enjoy our boat. It is winterized, engines, next being wrapped. Heading back home tomorrow.

The weather has been beautiful!

Did take a bit of time to add some bling to our boat kitchen.

OLD View attachment 135167

New
View attachment 135168

Next going to change the counters, not removing just refacing....................maybe lol
very nice!

I would suggest doing the thing where you do like a thin layer of stained concrete on top of the counter, but it probably wouldn't age so well on a boat, unless your going for the cracked falling apart look......

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would suggest doing the thing where you do like a thin layer of stained concrete on top of the counter, but it probably wouldn't age so well on a boat, unless your going for the cracked falling apart look......
lol yeah moving rocking humidity etc, needs to be something real stable. I even thought of the real skinny vinyl floor planks, like 3mm ones. I want something that cleans easy and stays nice, so IF I can figure out the epoxy will probably do that. I did a lot of epoxy work this summer working on the boats wood so have learned a bit about how to handle it. A heat gun works great for getting rid of the bubbles it can make when it is curing .

73 f here right now, like summer temps! well spring temps

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Our White Pine trees have pine cones once every 3 years. This year is a pine cone year. I got about a 100,000 to pick up on the lawn and driveway. I have been doing that while we are having temps in the 70's the past several days. Average high is 48.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I pulled copious amounts of penny wort from my bog today ! It really took over this summer and I want other plants to have a chance next year!
I yanked every bit of it years ago, saw how it could so easy take over. Pulled tossed until it was all gone

Ask a Question