addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Doing the last room with the flooring, in our house. This room is a pita, full of stuff that I am purging as moving to do the floor.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah i know a lol with a little twist and a stretch and a groan or two

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have boxes of flooring in the basement, going to pull that carpet and put it down...............eventually. Mainly where the bee stuff is not. OW propolis wax etc makes a mess of the floor. Might tackle part of the room this winter since we are staying in MD this year.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I get restless, not good at sitting around. Might even get paint and do the walls. Hubby might be getting a new knee, we go and see a doc tomorrow. He has been limping bad for about 2 months now. His knee keeps popping out of its socket. A ligament is gone, torn something.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Dang 5 back surgeries and still fighting the good fight

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR these idiot politicians are talking another lock down.
Gas stations are considered essential, so we don’t close. I’ve built up 50+ hours of vacation time, the one day the road flooded, there wasn’t anybody who could cover my shift unless I covered one of theirs on one of my days off. The ice storm kept two others out, so I couldn’t miss work then. Simply put, we have been too busy and too short staffed for me to not work.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Gas stations are considered essential, so we don’t close. I’ve built up 50+ hours of vacation time, the one day the road flooded, there wasn’t anybody who could cover my shift unless I covered one of theirs on one of my days off. The ice storm kept two others out, so I couldn’t miss work then. Simply put, we have been too busy and too short staffed for me to not work.
SO that's where you work, Before I thought you worked in

A. A bar

B. A veterinary place

C. A walmart in the country

As you could tell I was REALLY stumped. :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ve actually worked A and C, never went into veterinary medicine because seeing folks abuse animals would lead me to jail... but I spent 15 years in the military as a medic, and do treat my own animals as much as I can. Things like spay/ neuter or other surgical procedures are beyond my limits due to lack of supplies and anesthesiologists!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m feeling a bit down. So I had an issue come up at work yesterday, I let my boss know via text and left a detailed note about it. When she came in this morning, she threw away the note, started dealing with the problem, and then asked me where my issue was. It was detailed out in the note... that she threw away with out reading... and upon further conversation, I see that she didn’t get my point in the text either, because she barely registered it. So I’ve decided that with upcoming holidays, the co workers I care about, I will put in my two weeks notice in December so that the end of the year coincides with the end of my time there. I’ve become burnt out, tired of dealing with the same problems, same type of people just different faces, and fighting to improve things by myself, things I see that others ignore. I’m the kind of person who sees an issue before it’s actually a problem, and point it out ahead of time, such as a co worker who’s showing signs of not pulling their share of work, small complaints from customers, before it goes to corporate, items not priced right, things not working right. I fix what I can, I literally give the job hours of my time when I should be on my way home instead, doing the extra that needs to be done. But when others don’t do what they are supposed to do, and get away with it, it burns you out. I’ve lost the patience I used to have, I just want folks to get what they want quickly and get out so I can move on to my next task. I want my co workers to do their job with the same care and diligence as I do. Instead, I come into a half rumped effort on things that I then have to redo, ruining my ability to do my job like I’m supposed to, and the boss ignores the problem. I would give notice now, but I’m going to wait, and let them know early next month so they can find the two people they need to fill my job. I’m technically holding two full time spots, ast manager and the full time overnight. Both could be promoted from within existing staff, but one will require at least a full month of training. I’m so tired, and as I’m friends with coworkers and boss on Facebook, I can’t vent there until I’ve let them know. When I told my husband my plan, he was actually happy I’ve decided to leave this job. Now I just need to find a new one and have that lined up for once I leave this one. I expect a pay cut, loss of benefits and insurance for a while, but that’s ok, I will have less stress, and hopefully the next job will be better for me.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My neighbor is giving notice on Tuesday, she has already put in for two weeks off, so giving notice walking out and not coming back. For the same reasons you state above @JamieB totally stressed out, worn out done with it.

Ask a Question