Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
too Tired. Got home from work, fell asleep for a bit less than two hours, then off to big town for my new tree, and home improvement stuff, groceries, etc. I bought a 16ish inch potted tree for our Christmas tree this year, with plans to redo the living room soon there’s just no way to do a full sized tree, and we can plant it come spring. Picking paint colors, I’m gonna “flex” that I bought a very nice paint sprayer for hubby. Once ceiling beams and sheet rock are in place, we are going to make a cat walkway about the 8ft mark, it’s 10 ft ceiling in here. Leaving beams as natural wood, going to paint and above the walk way cream, below it will be a light tan color, possibly with a light copper glaze. Still need to do the copper accents in the kitchen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Lol. Flex while you can, you’ll be an adult way too soon with bills, a significant other, maybe kids, then pond costs, and then next thing you know, you’re broke.
I thought it went;

window shop other's ponds
find shovel
dig your own pond
squint at the liner bill
close eyes to the rock bill
feel good your fish are feeders
flex with your feet up and a good drink
get electric bill for pond
stop flexing
start looking for second job
make pond larger
buy more fish
receive larger electric bill
buy more expensive fish
flex again but this time, ignoring all those growing worries re bills and no second job
turn and look at your family; the kids and dog all with their tongues out, looking pretty pathetic
turn back to the pond and force up that flex smile
refill your glass
broke? who cares--I can FLEX!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Today is my “Monday “ I go back to work just in time to have to come home in the morning, prep all the side dishes for thanksgiving, hopefully the turkey will be cooked in time for me to eat before I have to go to bed. Then thanksgiving night, I work a normal shift, have a truck delivering a load, everyone else is working half shifts. I expect I’ll have a ton of folks in for eggs and butter, which we don’t carry.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had a pre thanksgiving cooked turkey, decided to cook it yesterday, it came out perfect!

Took a package of ranch dressing mixed it in real butter. Smeared the mix under the skin so darn good! We cooked a 20 lb one for the two of us. Today we will have a Thanksgiving meal with the trimmings. The turkey smell will still be in the house as I will cook the bones for turkey soup stock.

The buzzards enjoyed the gizzards I tossed out in the back field!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
turkey1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never had a turkey cooked in ranch dressing . < heading to addy's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hubby just finished our turkey, I’ve got eggs boiling for develed eggs, pie ready for the oven, I forgot the cream of chicken for green bean casserole, so it will be green beans sautéed in bacon grease instead. Optional sweet potatoes are easy to do too. Prick well, wrap in damp paper towel, microwave!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never had a turkey cooked in ranch dressing . < heading to addy's
Start driving, We will set up a plate for you drive by eating!
It was a experiment I have never done it before, two sticks of butter two packets of ranch dressing all smeared under the skin. It was so good, so moist, perfect!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The downside to the shift I work has shown itself. Hubby stayed up all night so he could ensure the turkey was done before I go to bed. It was browning as I came in from work. I made the side dishes and pie, next I will prep a small plate to eat, then go to bed. I won’t know if the pie cooked right till I get up, it’s still cooling off. Foolish me, I forgot to put on my apron or take off my work shirt, so it now has flour and whip cream splatter on it, good thing I have another!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
20 pounder for us too and it's in the oven cooking now as I get ready to go for my walk. Giblets get all chopped up along w/the neck meat and put in the stuffing that goes in the bird. Hubby makes turkey soup after T-Day every year and love the left over turkey meat.
1606415238122.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The high temp hit 69 loving the smell of the turkey soup cooking! Soon eating our turkey meal, again!
Out walking in tshirt and shorts, the trees are budding again, flowers blooming.
20201126_133337.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Start driving, We will set up a plate for you drive by eating!
It was a experiment I have never done it before, two sticks of butter two packets of ranch dressing all smeared under the skin. It was so good, so moist, perfect!
I'm now working in your neck of the woods again . I was down this way about 4 or 5 years ago. Back again.

Ask a Question