Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Gah!!!! I got on here, started reading about spring starting for folks, algae issues, and suddenly I’m plotting how to set up a pre filter for my pump, contemplating putting the pump in the mini pond ( not running, just set it in to build beneficial bacteria,) and imaging the pond with water lillies, maybe lotus, and other various pretties, and fish darn it, I’m going to have to find a good source of nice rocks to edge it, and there’s not much rock around here I’d want near my pond! I really want to get started. So whom ever my pond guardian angle is, a huge thank you. I’m all ready to go hunt rocks and plants and dig the edge for the liner to prevent the edges from showing....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One suggestion i would make where you like the lilies as we all do is to make flower box depressions in your selves when you set the liner that way you can plant the lillies in the depression away from the fish and not have flower pots in the pond
Jamie.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I started a homestead on Farming Simulator a few days ago. Cleared a lot of trees to make room for my cabin and sheds. Also worked on widening some trails. I plan on buying some cows and sheep after I clear some areas for hay fields. I think I'll buy some chickens, too. :)

PhotoByJB_FarmingSimulator19_20210222_01-48-23.jpg

PhotoByJB_FarmingSimulator19_20210222_16-08-53 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The two blooms are coming up nice. Out of 24 bulbs, I think I lost two that just kinda shriveled up and didn’t grow, I had two growing spikes of green but no roots, they’re sitting in the bog in very shallow water till they get roots, and then there’s this planter, full of them. Then there’s the picture of the bog, growing well, and the lengths of pothos I moved over to the aquariums.
97341915-8CED-449B-83E8-56D96EF9032D.jpeg

Attachments

• 92B4B048-F2B1-43D1-A9D0-BE7D1705BBB2.jpeg
    92B4B048-F2B1-43D1-A9D0-BE7D1705BBB2.jpeg
    174.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 33BC5AC4-79AF-4D89-8417-7B9C5D76A9F0.jpeg
    33BC5AC4-79AF-4D89-8417-7B9C5D76A9F0.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 26

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well yesterday we told our last tenant we are going to sale the house they are renting. Called our fav realtor,she wins best realtor awards every year, top agent. Told her to take care of it, we did not want to try and sale it to him. Feel bad for those that are struggling, this is business. Hubby shocked me when he said first thing in the am lets sale Pasadena house.

She called him said this is what I need, pre approval, etc if can't buy then being given 60 day notice. Stickily business, which is what we need.
His credit score is 580 says wife's is higher and might be able to get a co signer. So glad she is taking care of. He called Hubby and whined, covid, just started a business on and on, told him Jeannette is handling it not us. whew!
She called us last night, has made three calls to him already calming him down, gave him 3 lenders to call that she works with, giving him a short window to start working on this. Also setting a price for the house, appraisal.

Right now people are in a buying frenzy, paying 10-20% over appraised value, bidding wars. If he does not buy we need to do some fix up, paint etc, then let the bidding start. Well not we, but the contractor that has been working on our house. It is on Stoney Creek, water view, boat loading dock privileges. Small house, with a nice big back yard, we redid the kitchen 3 years ago all new cabinets, granite etc. Had new siding, roof and bay window put on end of 2019.
IMG_0759.JPG
Resized_20190820_133625(1).jpg
Resized_20190820_133633(1).jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is our final rental, still have his parents place in FL but we leave it empty. Hope to go down this fall. Wait and see. His son stayed there 4 months virtual teaching his classes up here, good free place to live lol. He loved it, wants to move to FL now

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good luck with the sale, addy. It will be 1 less headache and more freedom.
Jeannette will get it gone, if they don't buy, Daniel and Jeannette will access what needs to be done, carpet, paint maybe new flooring, do it, sale it gone................The last few houses she and Daniel worked on sold in 48 hours multiple offers.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yesterday raked the bog, pulling all the dead stuff out, a lot of green growth coming up. Tried to cut back some of the yellow flag, but the bog is still frozen 2 inches down. So need to wait. The deer where eating the yellow flag growth.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We have cool weather here right now. Not cold, but probably high 40s today. I just had to burry one of our barn cats, I’m presuming he got clipped by a passing vehicle, I looked him over, only signs of damage was bruising on the abdomen. I’m a bit, I’m driving dad to his check up in the city. Darn pups keep trying to stand in my planters outside! Grrr. Not much growing right now, but I plan to grow some veggies and such in them, so I need to break them if the habit early. And I need to move them to keep cats out of them too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@JamieB I used small flat boards w/staple sticking up to ward off raccoons from my pond and it worked. Might work for the dogs. Once they get the idea maybe they won't go back.

IMG_9107.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Carpet tac strips work great darn sharp. Easy to break and make fit. Can nail them to a board to make it wider if need be.

Ask a Question