addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hopefully she did not fall apart like they did.
It messed with her mind, she went blind, unable to care for herself. My parents cared or her as long they could. Social services removed her from their care, she was too much for them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ms is very much like Lyme disease it effects people so differently. Sorry to make you relive that time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just got back from Texas. The entire trip, I was trying to figure out if I could reasonably acquire rock to bring home. The answer was no, that area we delivered to had sand, caliche, cactus, small mesquite shrubs, very little rock, and dad wasn’t up to stopping along the way on the side of busy highway for me to figure out how to lift, load, and strap rock onto a flat bed trailer. Darn.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ms is very much like Lyme disease it effects people so differently. Sorry to make you relive that time.
All is fine @GBBUDD It was many years ago. I worked in a hospital where you saw death hit a lot of people all different ages. She was better off moving on, than living in the condition she was in.

Yesterday yanked a ton of parrots feather, out of a few of the ponds. Saw three fan tail babies, one brightly colored, one black, one gray.
All about 1 inch in size.

Darn bees were pissy, guarding me everywhere in the yard. I ended up putting on my bee hood to keep them away from my face.
I have 5 ponds running now. Need to cut out a lot of plants in the second deck pond, it is way over loaded. Maybe today, fishless pond. I have run the hose to fill and flush those ponds and stream. Don't have that pump hooked up yet, need to walk the stream and clean, fix all the deer damage and debris.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got half of the ice off the pond using the air bladders. And was able to remove a ton of leaves I missed last fall. And in doing so I unfortunately found a half dozen dead frog in the upper pond alone. This winter has shown anything under 16 inches is dangerous to wildlife. Found one koi in the stream and three in sh_ts creek. These areas All froze solid is my guess as there was at least a foot of ice in the pond and those three areas are barely over a foot. Nature's way of saying safety in numbers lay a million eggs and have 10 survive to breed. I can only imagine how many frogs are in the main pond. Dead pool is still mainly iced over but I got the circulating pump from the cistern pumping to the stream getting the waters circulating but it's still to early I think to fire up the main pump. So today's task is to get as many leaves out as possible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Just got back from Texas. The entire trip, I was trying to figure out if I could reasonably acquire rock to bring home. The answer was no, that area we delivered to had sand, caliche, cactus, small mesquite shrubs, very little rock, and dad wasn’t up to stopping along the way on the side of busy highway for me to figure out how to lift, load, and strap rock onto a flat bed trailer. Darn.
I guess I'm not alone driving with my eyes more on the side of the road as much as the road its self. I got a cargo net from ebay that had one torn strap . That makes it totally useless one the docks or who ever uses it in buisness it had to be a 800 dollars net easy but I got it for 75

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I got a Bionaire heater today on my walk free from the little Free Closet spot here near us! Works great!
People bring stuff they don't need or want and drop it off. I have more of my stuff I need to bring up there too. It's not manned. You just pick whatever you want. Rules are posted to keep things neat and don't bring garbage and only take what you need.

SCORED!!

1615579869237.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never saw so much caulking in one bath before I guess there plan worked apparently the Paneling stuck.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Note to self . Must make the stream and bog winter proof . I lost count after about 2 dozen frogs that froze in the streams and upper pond not to mention koi I didn't even know I had in there. I guess they must have breed while I put them in the upper pond when I built DEADPOOL. The attachment to the main pond. Also I hooked up a 3000 gph pump to the cistern and have it pumping to the stream . Not ready for the 12000 gph pump just yet I remember the blizzard of 78 like it was yesterday. Wanted to give the Mrs a place to sit and chill with all thats going on here so where half up and running the stream, upper pond both waterfalls to the pond and the negative edge are running so its nice hear the falls running again and it will help us both to get lost in our thoughts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We did another quick trip to Tulsa, and I eyeballed all the rocky areas trying to see if I could get rocks later on. I’m hoping that after this cold spell is over that I can get the liner laid out, do the final edging shelf, and start filling. So I had a thought. I’ll be wanting fish next year, I’ve got plenty of time, and I have space, I could get a dozen or less fry this spring, qt them in a mini pond for a full year, raising them up to be big enough to put in the pond next year. If I start with just fry, I can expect to loose one or two, maybe more depending on where they are coming from. But I know we hope to have more trips to Texas and other neighboring states, and lots of folks don’t want all their babies.... I could easily set up a proper bucket, I’ve got a portable bubbler, and I could get a good selection of babies from their tiny stage, reducing how many someone needs to rehome or cull later. So if any of our regular folks especially in okc, Tulsa, Enid, Oklahoma, or down near midland Tx want to reduce your fry load this spring, I will have a good pond set up by the time I’m done raising them up! Same goes for thinning out pond and bog plants!!!
I do think I’m leaning to addy1s shubinkin only method. But later on once the full bog is done and set up, I might go for a single butterfly koi, I’m debating on if a solid black, white, or silver would be the most striking. I’ll have to judge after the shubinkin are full sized.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They call white butterfly koi Pkantnum and get one with nice e long fins and body Armour pattern and it's not platinum but Latium in price

Ask a Question