Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Blew off the dust on the camera gear , with a little spring fever .
Wingo2021.jpg
wingo 70 .jpg
Bar Harbor 3 2021.jpg
Barharbor 2021.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I pulled a muscle in my leg. Inner leg, above the knee, no clue how it happened. So I’ll be limping around a few days. We need to try and burn trash soon, but it’s being windy, so that’s going to have to wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm doing my annual Corned Beef dinner a week early this year in a 20 quart pot. I started about 11:00 with 2 large briskets. I gradually added vegetables throughout the day, starting with 4 lbs of potatoes, 3 lbs of carrots, a package of white boiling onions, a large yellow onion, 8 turnip, and just adding a large cabbage now. After doing so, the pot is just about full. Only 4 of us this year but, everyone wanted left overs. Dinner will be served on the outdoor patio area at the Marina.
2021 corned beef dinner and beach pic 005.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
After all this covid nightmare and staying away from the inlaws it seems we are going to loose the matriarch of the family any ways . It had looked like we were going to get past this without loosing anyone. So I guess we got lucky no covid but the wife lost her sis a week ago to ms and now her Mom is failing fast. just a couple more sad events to the saddest year in my life time. Heres to keeping it that way and it's all uphill from here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks @j.w so many lost so much this year from loved ones to there jobs and there homes. I have also heard about a PILL that may suppress covid from replicating. Another words if you get it you pop a pill and it can not infect you any further giving the bod y a chance to fight the beginings of the infection. If this is true covid will go to the side lines with the likes of small pox etc.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So sorry to hear @GBBUDD about the family. It is always sad to lose someone. My older sister died at 38 from MS, she was diagnosed and passed away in 2.5 years.

I have also heard about a PILL that may suppress covid from replicating. Another words if you get it you pop a pill and it can not infect you any further giving the bod y a chance to fight the beginings of the infection. If this is true covid will go to the side lines with the likes of small pox etc.

They are developing a pill that you would take like the one for the flu, prescription, 5 days of pill popping, keep it from wiping you out. That will be great if they do.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I heard about that pill this morning on the radio. Would be great if it works for those infected. Could be the difference between life and death and lingering bad side effects from the disease for some. I really hope all this stuff is safe especially for the younger people as they are the ones who will show if any thing pops up over many years.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My older sister died at 38 from MS, she was diagnosed and passed away in 2.5 years.
Ms is a horrific disease. My aunt fought it for 15 years and sis inlaw fought it for close to 10. It's such a debilitating disease.
2.5 years us almost unheard of for this thing. While it's never easy or a good thing. Hopefully she did not fall apart like they did.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It was sad she walked into the hospital, came out in a wheelchair. She lived with me in AZ for about a year, I finally had to tell my parents I could not care for her, I got her back to MD. She was not able to care for herself, would call me at work to come home and get her a glass of water. She ended up in a nursing home for about 5 months before she passed.

My hubbies ex brother in law has had MS for over 35 years now, currently in a nursing care home, doing fine.

Ask a Question