Whatcha doing today?

B

Burd

It was a Rebath remodel, what a hack job. Everything was crooked, I would have never accepted the finished product.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Mixed breeds wouldn’t be a problem for me, especially if they are sterile, unless I do end up loosing fish. The koi would be a few years out, once I’m sure the herons and other predators can’t vet in to eat it. I think my biggest fear right now is the weasel! I’m already devising a good netting for the pond, but weasel are mean, and I’d have to cover the entire thing in heavy gauge wire to keep it out. That’s why I want to start with free or cheap fish, but on the off chance they survive, I don’t want to start with feeder fish.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got my bog restarted and cleaned out the holding tank below it. Water is a cloudy mess right now but its 58° and the koi want food! Finally got the underwater cameras in holders so they stay in place. They were getting knocked to the bottom or turned sideways.
0313211425a.jpg
0313211425.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I do think I’m leaning to addy1s shubinkin only method. But later on once the full bog is done and set up, I might go for a single butterfly koi, I’m debating on if a solid black, white, or silver would be the most striking. I’ll have to judge after the shubinkin are full sized.
Just a warning; you can't get JUST ONE! Once bit, the wound festers until you got a whole pond's worth. Trust me; fell afoul of that malady and even now, barely holding off on the 'buy' button. Sigh...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mixed breeds wouldn’t be a problem for me, especially if they are sterile, unless I do end up loosing fish. The koi would be a few years out, once I’m sure the herons and other predators can’t vet in to eat it. I think my biggest fear right now is the weasel! I’m already devising a good netting for the pond, but weasel are mean, and I’d have to cover the entire thing in heavy gauge wire to keep it out. That’s why I want to start with free or cheap fish, but on the off chance they survive, I don’t want to start with feeder fish.
Jamie don't forget there's many ways to hide your edges it doesn't have to be boulders I have used , moss , logs, tree stumps, and even sand and river rock. This is not cheating it can truely make the pond look absolutely natural

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finally went down and cleaned the pond cam lens, water is a bit mucked up after the deer snacked in the bog. The far wall is the bog wall. The item to the right is the 5 gallon bucket I am covering the intake line that heads to the external pump. It is full of holes which cuts down on any one spot having a huge draw
Screenshot 2021-03-13 184142.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Finally went down and cleaned the pond cam lens, water is a bit mucked up after the deer snacked in the bog. The far wall is the bog wall. The item to the right is the 5 gallon bucket I am covering the intake line that heads to the external pump. It is full of holes which cuts down on any one spot having a huge draw View attachment 137041
I think I see a fish!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finally went down and cleaned the pond cam lens, water is a bit mucked up after the deer snacked in the bog. The far wall is the bog wall. The item to the right is the 5 gallon bucket I am covering the intake line that heads to the external pump. It is full of holes which cuts down on any one spot having a huge draw View attachment 137041
@addy1 What cam is that again ?

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Ugh we were supposed to leave for the mountains Tommorow, i75 is already closed from the snow....... let’s just hope all of Colorado got their snowplows ready

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think I see a fish!
They swim by all of the time, the cam is 1/2 way down in the 5 foot deep area. I moved some of the hornwort away from the lens. They hang out all of the time in the hornwort.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This one I have two, one in the hot tub pond one in the big pond
Thats the exact one I use. American Security has been great, had a cable get cut and they repaired it free. These cameras have held up better than any others I have had.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
need to find one that will go directly to wifi like a nest or ring

Ask a Question