addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Big decisions! But sounds like you are making them. What would you do with your boat? Keep it in the marina or is there a place to put a dock for it on the property?

We are looking at 17f this am......................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Big decisions! But sounds like you are making them. What would you do with your boat? Keep it in the marina or is there a place to put a dock for it on the property?

We are looking at 17f this am......................
The boat was destroyed 2 years ago in land storage. We have a land yacht now. (RV) I am going to improve the waterfront on the property with a cement retaining wall, and have stairs that go down to an aluminum, floating dock. I would then get a nice bass boat for fishing and cruising.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aww thats right I forgot you were in a RV. Do you have water, sewer there? We have never been around that lake.

If we ever moved down there, which I doubt, cause I love seasons, hate heat, we would build or buy anywhere there is not a condo. His parents house is in a 55 plus condo type area, individual homes, two, separated by a carport. But I hate being told what you can or can not do. And they do not allow trucks, geez trucks are more expensive than a lot of the cars and nicer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Aww thats right I forgot you were in a RV. Do you have water, sewer there? We have never been around that lake.

If we ever moved down there, which I doubt, cause I love seasons, hate heat, we would build or buy anywhere there is not a condo. His parents house is in a 55 plus condo type area, individual homes, two, separated by a carport. But I hate being told what you can or can not do. And they do not allow trucks, geez trucks are more expensive than a lot of the cars and nicer.
There's a drilled well on the lot. It has passed a perk test for conventional septic. Building codes are strict. It has to be stick built. It would be nice if we could stay there in our RV for a while but, it's not allowed. $200 a day fine. We did know that before buying. I love the area. Lots of country and close to the city of Okeechobee.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They don't want it to become a rv parking, dump site! bummer though.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's a drilled well on the lot. It has passed a perk test for conventional septic. Building codes are strict. It has to be stick built. It would be nice if we could stay there in our RV for a while but, it's not allowed. $200 a day fine. We did know that before buying. I love the area. Lots of country and close to the city of Okeechobee.
HOA'S condo's and any sort or COMUNITY will never ever see a Nickle of my money ever again. When i moved to a condo i built a mahogany fireplace surround raised panels rounded opening with marble at the opening and remodeled the baths and refaced the kitchen cabinets with Spanish cedar cabinets . Beyond gorgeous wood it looks similar to a cross between teak an hickey. Because i was in the trades they constantly told me i could not do the work myself as we don't know if your working for someone else . IT DID NOT GO WELL FOR THEM OR I. when we finally left the unit sold breaking the record for the highest sale of any unit there even though it was not a end unit or the biggest. I was just the most tasteful as the fire place prior was a simple piece of 2 1/2 colonial trim Lame doesn't begin to describe it.
I could go on and on about people getting there nose in other peoples business. like we had two dogs neighbor complained our dogs pee'd on his island they told us go to another area to pee which was where those people were told to take there dog else where to pee so while we walked over there they walked over to our unit. STUPID IS Stupid does. Neighbor kept whining so i had had enough i mixed up yellow and orange food coloring in water put it in a sports bottle and made it look like a 100 dogs pee' d in the snow on his island that got the association all bent. they had a two hour meeting next door with the neighbor who was a florist " ill leave it there" and when i came home and saw the crowd and the looks i erupted lol . walked in my unit a short while latter i got a nock on the door i knew who it was and i opened the door holding the bottle clear and color showing and sprayed past them into the snow and slammed the door. I heard a couple of them members saying OMG that smart ass while LOL and the others going absolutely berserk i just wasted there time ........... Not my cup of tea... When we sold it raised the cost of every condo there people can be beyond dumb .... i fully understand the not wanting 20 abandoned cars and every toy ever bought laying out in the yard but something gives me a strong impression Mike is not in a 1940's ww2 mobile home with the storm door hanging by one hinge and the old washer and stove sitting off to the side of the front door.

Last edited:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am doing a coffee table test stonecoat counter top today. Seeing how everything goes before I tackle the boats counter tops. Figure the folding lil coffee table is a cheap opppppssss item lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
His parents had the house for over 25 years, they willed it to hubbies two brothers, twins, parents said Mark had to much money. The brothers did not want to pay the coming up condo fee so we bought it from them as a fix me up. It did need to be fixed up. We could sale it now for 4 times or more than what we paid for it. A lot of work and some time has passed.

But the oldies that live there live to peak out of their windows and whine about things. We mostly get along, but we are never there more than 2 months. I would not want to live there.

We sold the condo on the waterway , which we thought we wanted to move into, rules rules rules, more like living in a apartment. 3rd floor up, great view of the intercostal, but not our cup of tea. The tenants bought it last summer. Easy sale, paid the appraised price with no issues, no realtor fees. They have been living there for over 10 years. Bought high, market crashed, finally crawled to within 100k below what I paid so we sold. Good tax write off, not that we need any. All the condos we sold were below purchase price, Florida really got hit with the housing crash.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yeah, I can do what I want on the property, other than the 2 things mentioned. We did a lot of checking. If I want to build a 30 foot tall wall I can. If I want a long dock going way out in the middle of the canal with a Gazebo at the end of it, I can. I'm not doing these things but, I can.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Stone coat can be very very cool. i have played with those epoxies and loved the freedom of creativity. I't amazing how you can take a old large piece of wood with nots blow out uneven edges and make a work of art out of it .. good luck @addy1 . i have seen tons of video's out there on that stuff. i also saw one guy do electric burning and the stone coating This is what i am going to try next. i'm thinking about a burn in a corner cabinet . or possibly the counter top . but you would have to make the surface smooth you don't want food getting in the depressions

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
not my usual flavor but this person has some talent

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My first try..............a old folding coffee table. The real project will be the boats kitchen counters. I am tickled with how it turned out!
20210307_142916.jpg
20210307_142802.jpg

Ask a Question