sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We only had a few this year ,no big invasion like a couple of years ago .I think it was because they were cutting the woods behind my house

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You drove her TWO HOURS to work? And then what? Do you just wait and drive her back home? My commute is four minutes and if it's gonna take me six I'm tempted to call in sick! haha!

The longest commute I ever had during a snow storm was 6+ hours for a commute that normally took 1 hour 45 minutes...but, I was going home.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had a stink bug invasion this year - disgusting. The upstairs bedrooms were full of them, virtually overnight. Blech. And their name doesn't lie. PLUS THEY FLY WHEN YOU TRY TO CATCH THEM! Oh, the horror!

View attachment 106065
We had that happen about 5 years ago, a few years later they slowed down, predators learned how to eat them, I would guess. We still get them in the house but not by the hundreds. I would sweep 1000's off the deck after we sprayed the house with anti stink bug stuff. Those are from Asia.

And they poop brown drippy stuff that stinks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
You drove her TWO HOURS to work? And then what? Do you just wait and drive her back home? My commute is four minutes and if it's gonna take me six I'm tempted to call in sick! haha!
It takes us 4 minutes to get to the end of our property, after opening and closing the gates.
I ran some errands/shopping in town (Calgary) and then waited in her back office with a laptop....posting on GPF and doing computer stuff.....:rolleyes:

My wife is my number one priority.;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Today I cleared the driveway because the stupid rental vehicle only came with all season tires and got stuck!:mad:

My wife hit a deer a couple of weeks ago with her Subaru so it's in the shop.
$11,000 worth of damage. Almost a write off.

IMG_1874.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh my gosh! That is a bad hit. I hate driving at this time of year. We drove 50 miles and saw a half dozen dead deer on the side of the expressway. You don't want to hit one doing 75 MPH.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I lived in Arizona a car hit some horses, they flipped, hooves through the window, killed the driver and passenger. Glad your wife was ok Mitch

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Finished the lilies yesterday! What a job, I always forget how many I have. 3- 50 lb bags of kitty litter. Those heavy blue gloves I bought from home depot saved my hands!

Today..............goofing off, well except for some laundry.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Today I cleared the driveway because the stupid rental vehicle only came with all season tires and got stuck!:mad:

My wife hit a deer a couple of weeks ago with her Subaru so it's in the shop.
$11,000 worth of damage. Almost a write off.

Mitch my car fanatic hubby wants to know what model it is!

I almost had to buy a new car, we looked at Toyotas, started to look at Subaru's. But then found a company that would replace my hybrid batteries for 1500 and one hour of work in our driveway, vs the $4000 and 3 days of work the dealer wanted. They offered me $100 for my car as a trade in. I didn't want to put 4k into it, but 1500 was doable.

So now I have a new car again!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We're getting all our windows replaced this week (aka - handing over all our money!) so my job today is to take down all the drapes and blinds and prep for that. I don't look forward to this week, but I do look forward to having new windows.

Ask a Question