Your Home

Reaction score
Yes, Sissy it's very unique, the sun screening on top is another brain storm of the head
guy around here. It portable, He puts it up in April and takes it down in October.
We're going to be installing new screening in April because I wanted it two more feet
closer to the house. We originally had it all the way to the house, but it blocked too
much light coming into the house so we cut it down several years ago...now we're going
to be making it two feet closer to the house.

If anyone wants to know how to make a cheap Pergola cover for your deck, I'll be happy
to show the pic's and instructions on how to make a cover for your Pergola.

P1010002perg_top__rev....JPG

Upper Pond deck...
The den bump out window is the 10 foot window one we installed for a Pond view.

P1011832deck_rev_7-7-07.JPG

The little table is what we use for the two of us cause it has a great pond view shaded as well
P1011810deck_rev_7-8-07.JPG

View from the main dining table

P1011512pond_rev_6-30-07.JPG

From inside the house again...Since this photo was taken
I talked the head guy into taking down the pond railings in front
of the deck or better viewing.

P1011751pond_rev6-6-07.JPG

The one end of the deck, it's the upper pond deck. I had a sketch of what I wanted and as the head guy
was building it, I made what he calls, "the Joann changes along the way" ;)

P1011050rev_2_glass_6-3-06.JPG

close-up of the other end... The end 'walls' make it cozy, and also provide privacy on your deck/patio
if privacy is needed.

P1011331patio_rev2__furn_6-27-06.JPG

close up of 'wall'

P1011345_rev__little_red_nose_6-27-06.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just put the shade sail cloth over the bedroom deck one ,still lets a little light through and end of year sale got it at sams club for 30 dollars a roll for 50 ft and 6 ft wide .Take it off in the winter .

Reaction score
I just put the shade sail cloth over the bedroom deck one ,still lets a little light through and end of year sale got it at sams club for 30 dollars a roll for 50 ft and 6 ft wide .Take it off in the winter .

That works Sissy, Anything to keep out the sun.

We used fiberglass. ( like the stuff used in greenhouses) It filters out the sun and lets in the light.
It also keeps the underneath cool cause the air can go throught it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This stuff is thin and is woven but strong and I just put grommetts in the fabric and used cup hooks to put the grommetts over .I just onhook it slide it off and fold it up for winter .I was going to use the fiber glass panels but they would have to be screwed down tight because up on the hill i live on we get some pretty strong winds and things some times have to be pulled off fast to keep them from becoming a hazard .I use it over my pond also .

To be honest it is mostly to shade the deck so it does not get to hot for the dogs feet .I would rather sit on my front porch

Attachments

• 2012 house 010.JPG
    2012 house 010.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 223
  • pond sunset iris 9th 2012 033.JPG
    pond sunset iris 9th 2012 033.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 187
  • pond mostly done 007.JPG
    pond mostly done 007.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 229
Reaction score
This stuff is thin and is woven but strong and I just put grommetts in the fabric and used cup hooks to put the grommetts over .I just onhook it slide it off and fold it up for winter .I was going to use the fiber glass panels but they would have to be screwed down tight because up on the hill i live on we get some pretty strong winds and things some times have to be pulled off fast to keep them from becoming a hazard .I use it over my pond also .

I see...that looks porous as well, so the air can flow through, right? That would be good...That's the reason I didn't want
canvas, it hold in the heat.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm not sure why they called it shade cloth because it is more like woven plastic and I have used it for 2 years now .I got 2 rolls of it and wish I had gotten more of it .

Reaction score
So, so beautiful Joann. Question, what happens to your lush gardens in winter and snow season?

Thanks Lou. Everything gets covered with snow, when we have snow...Last winter we just had two dustings,
but many years we had a lot more....I have snow pic's too.

In the spring thaw, starting in mid March, the perrenial
groundcovers start to come back with a vengance. If you look at the photos -- you'll see everything filled in with
ground coverings, vinca vine and ivy...no room for weeds to grow. The beginning of May we begin to plant
the annuals...

This is an example of May flowers.

P1010075pond_rev_5-31-05.JPG

June example

P1010154pond___rev_7-19-05.JPG

July example

now

P1010059dog_leg_rev__6-26-05.JPG

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I wish I would have taken more pictures of our house. We are buying it on contract and have lived in it for 2 years now. It was a bank foreclosure house and it sat empty for 2 years before our landlord bought it. It was trashed when we first set eyes on it but we saw what it could be. We had one month to get the house move in ready because we had to be out of our current house at the end of the month. We worked hard on it everyday after we got off work. The whole inside had to be stripped. All the carpet was torn out, some of the sub floor was replaced, bathroom was torn down to stud walls, kitchen was gutted. The basement wasn't even a place I would send my ex wife too. It was that bad. We started this project July 27th and we were living in it by Aug 19th. We had painted everything on the inside. Walls, sub-floor, ceiling. New carpet in all the rooms but the kitchen, Kitchen had laminate flooring along with a center island with a dishwasher inside of it. New counter tops, tile back splash, new sink. Put down rubber backed carpet squares in the basement in case we got water in the the basement, I just had to pick up the wet ones, let them dry and put back down. They aren't glued down and they came out of the VA medical center in Knoxville. Our landlord bought the contents of the floors to the buildings when they closed down the VA a few years ago The basement was fixed up by me. Had to run all new electric in the basement, put up track lighting. Brand new 95% efficent furnace, central A/C, water heater. That next spring we tore off the siding and had new windows and siding put on. Now just in the past week, a year later since the siding was installed, I painted the house. The very first picture is of the house the first weekend we lived in it. .IMG_1668.JPG The following are of the house after the siding,IMG_3482.JPG We enlarged our walk out basement area by 3' and added a retaining wall that you can't really see. I build a deck to overlook our sloping backyard. The yard is a mess right now from being in the hospital with our 1 yr old and then painted the whole outside of the house. IMG_3485.JPG Mr Gunner, our beagle that we love!!!!!IMG_3487.JPG My man cave.IMG_3492.JPGIMG_3495.JPG And the new paint that we love!!IMG_3496.JPGIMG_3497.JPG

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Yes, Sissy it's very unique, the sun screening on top is another brain storm of the head
guy around here. It portable, He puts it up in April and takes it down in October.
We're going to be installing new screening in April because I wanted it two more feet
closer to the house. We originally had it all the way to the house, but it blocked too
much light coming into the house so we cut it down several years ago...now we're going
to be making it two feet closer to the house.

If anyone wants to know how to make a cheap Pergola cover for your deck, I'll be happy
to show the pic's and instructions on how to make a cover for your Pergola.

P1010002perg_top__rev....JPG

Upper Pond deck...
The den bump out window is the 10 foot window one we installed for a Pond view.

P1011832deck_rev_7-7-07.JPG

The little table is what we use for the two of us cause it has a great pond view shaded as well
P1011810deck_rev_7-8-07.JPG

View from the main dining table

P1011512pond_rev_6-30-07.JPG

From inside the house again...Since this photo was taken
I talked the head guy into taking down the pond railings in front
of the deck or better viewing.

P1011751pond_rev6-6-07.JPG

The one end of the deck, it's the upper pond deck. I had a sketch of what I wanted and as the head guy
was building it, I made what he calls, "the Joann changes along the way" ;)

P1011050rev_2_glass_6-3-06.JPG

close-up of the other end... The end 'walls' make it cozy, and also provide privacy on your deck/patio
if privacy is needed.

P1011331patio_rev2__furn_6-27-06.JPG

close up of 'wall'

P1011345_rev__little_red_nose_6-27-06.JPG
I love everything you have done. Looks like some tropical island you only see on TV on some very distant island.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the color you picked for your house branddons dad what color is it .May need to borrow it :razz:hey gunner you are just a cutie .

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
The green is called deep rustic and brownish tan is called midtone 41. I saw a house here in town that I loved the colors of and I asked the owner what colors they were. He didn't know and told me to figure it out. So I did just that. Downloaded a app on my iPhone by sherwin Williams and went back and took some pictures. It told me the color so I went to there virtual house painter site, uploaded a pic of my house and did some playing around. I wanted to be sure that I liked the color because its not easy to just change the color of your house. Took me about a week working on it when I could. Since all the windows, sofit, gutters and gable vents were all new I had extra masking off to do. Even got a new airless paint sprayer to do the job. Still have some touch ups to do but it's 99% done.

Ask a Question