Your Home

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Not much to see, a cosey little shed tucked among a few semi wild acres of tall trees.

A few ponds dotted about, lol

trees_sky_600.jpg

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Oh JW, what a beautiful home and property. The style and muted color of your home and out buildings fit perfectly with your acreage. Such a great presence. The driveway is so well matched. And what can I say about your pond and and plantings other than WOW! That view of the mountains is something. Are there heavily forested areas nearby?

You have an absolutely wonderful home. I am so jealous.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks Lou and there are areas near that have woods but not like you could take a walk through as it would be on someone's property. There are heavily forested area's w/ camping,river, hills and mountains just a few miles away tho where we can hike to our hearts content! There is a way to hike up the power lines up that mountain called Ebbey Mt. and we walked up it a couple times on the spur of the moment and didn't have any food w/ us so turned back cuz it looked like it went on for a long time. We'll try it again someday when it's drier as it gets a lot of water runoff on the trail. Hiking anywhere around here is best during dry times unless you love mud :razz:
Here's a photo near the mountain where I like to walk by each day on my long walks.
Ebbey Mt and Wallitner Rd.

3078331095_6edb1a5f36_z.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love your courtyard Jenny and all the neat plants in there. The ponds fit really well into the scheme of things and bet they are nicely protected from critters that way also.

Ask a Question