Aerator and bottom heater?

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hi Colleen, thanks for your concern over my cute fishes. Overflowing the pond sounds like a good idea. I'll wait awhile as Charles said, as it's not quite in emergency zone. Not to thrilled about dragging a garden hose around in these cold temps.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I keep a spare hose handy in house that I connect to an outlet and thow house out window to pond, I keep the pond topped off every week to keep bottom pond level.

Attachments

• IMAG2864.jpg
    IMAG2864.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 261

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Hi Colleen, thanks for your concern over my cute fishes. Overflowing the pond sounds like a good idea. I'll wait awhile as Charles said, as it's not quite in emergency zone. Not to thrilled about dragging a garden hose around in these cold temps.
That exactly defines a flow through. You give a constant drip of water from a faucet or hose or whatever device you choose and the exit water goes out of some type of run off or overflow or catch basin.

You could wrap the garden hose in something. First thing comes to my mind is my frost free spigots. There's an insulation wrap made to fit around them and some of them have a heat trace wire in them. You could also put mulch type material over the hose to help prevent it from freezing. You don't have to let a bunch of water to flow through to prevent the hose from freezing. It is like with your house spigots; well, at least in my area, we just barely open the spigot to let a little dribble of water come out and this is enough water movement to prevent the water lines from freezing. If ya do use a garden hose, then add the water very slowly so the warmer spigot water doesn't cause a temperature fluctuation in the pond.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
With this auto water feed I'm just wondering how you manage the chlorine & cloromine?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Whatever happened to Malak and where's Waldo.............I mean Wayne :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
malak only uses his gaming station to come on and last I heard he was busy and had a new grandchild .He was working on his pond after he lost his fish

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yikes you speak for yourself sissy, I just had a nice bubble bath and was no fish oil in it and I don't let my fishies take baths w/ me :goldfish: :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
me thinks you both speak a tad to fast and protest a bit much .The fish bath makes your skin soft :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
But it also makes the fish no good anymore................in other words dead, finished, kaput :eek:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
why you have germs that will kill the fish if you go swimming with them . :LOL:

Ask a Question