Air bubbles in my pond...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I agree it's some type or decaying organic compound...DOC. Have you considered building a bog on one side of the pond with all the gravel?

@Lisak1 and @addy1 have lots of information on bog building :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and guessing you have city water .With heat and everything else it will cause this .Your water is cold and the sun and heat hits it and can cause really weird things to happen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome and guessing you have city water .With heat and everything else it will cause this .Your water is cold and the sun and heat hits it and can cause really weird things to happen
I would guess so, I live in a coastal area but I would guess the water wouldn't be the greatest one. We did test the water thought and everything came out good.

We are going to dig out the rest of the pond tomorrow and see what else is there. See if there's any apparent reason for this to be happening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a bog?
A bog is like a shallow pond next to the main pond used for filtration., It's lined, then typically perforated PVC pipes on the bottom, with the gravel over the top. It is planted and water pumped through the bog and spills back into the main pond.

Once the plants fill in, they;re roots do a great job of filtering the pond water. This is a simplistic description.....I'm certainly no expert and I don't have one.....but wish I did :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
once you get a filter and an aerator going it should help some

@sissy I think you missed the part that half of this pond is still buried in gravel and debris. They only cleared out half of it - the rest is still under the gravel. I don't think anything is going to help if they don't figure out what else is in there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-7-1_18-10-32.gif
@Natashapt

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
What I don't get about that part is how or why they only cleared out half of it.To me that was a bog or the other people wanted a smaller pond .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What I don't get about that part is how or why they only cleared out half of it.To me that was a bog or the other people wanted a smaller pond .

The whole pond had been filled in with rock and brick. The OP said they only cleaned out part of it - the actual pond goes as far as the blue pot in the picture he posted. I think they will have issues until they clean it all out. You can't have a pond half full of old bricks and rocks and what not and expect it to work right.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
maybe the old owners thought that was how to build a bog .I saw some weird video's on you tube of some people building what they thought was a bog and it was far from it .

Ask a Question