Best use of money...

Reaction score
I am going to check into it because I will return this one if I can find one that works as well ! Thanks!

Reaction score
hey buddy. i had the exact same problem. my water was green, as green as ugly pea soup green can be! i went to the dollar store and bought 120 of those puffy things girls use in the shower (i stuffed 60 of them into each of my waterfall tubs, i've got 2 of them). within 3 days, the water was ***crystal clear***, and has been now for about 3 months. i have not added any beneficial bacteria whatsoever. no UV light, nothing at all like that. i placed a coarse pad over top of the puffy material (lets call them loofahs) to keep them in place, and man it is working like a charm. it cost me 1$ per loofah at the local dollar store, wal mart probably has them too for the same price. the pond keeps itself clear naturally now, the rocks grow algae but i don't care, as long as the water is clear, and solids are being separated. my pre filter (the coarse pads in the skimmer) gets pretty gross, i hose that off every morning, takes me just a few minutes. i never touch the loofahs i stuffed into the waterfall tubs, ever. i do not want to harm all that good beneficial bacteria soup that's brewing in there. those loofahs have thousands of holes that hold all the good ingredients necessary (that happen in nature) to filter that water and keep it clear. that's my advice to anybody with the green water problem. i used green clean and algae fix and liquid bacterias and blah blah blaahhhhhhh, and none of it worked for the long haul. the loofahs cleared it up perfectly in 3 days. i hope to never see it happen again, i couldn't see my fish unless they were 5 or 6 inches from the surface!! good luck, i hope this helped.

Ask a Question