Darksaber Pond - My Next Adventure

20' by 30' pond w/ 30' stream and 10' by 20' wetland
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very bummed out you don't have a history of building the bog. They did a hell of a job that's some fantastic clarity and no growth. the company that built this for you defiantly deserves a plug

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
What do you mean they aren't great? They're AMAZING! That water is so clear those fish look like they're swimming in the air!
Fish are great, the pictures were a bit blurry cause the wind was blowing.

Thanks! The clarity is really good today, that's about 4 feet deep where they are swimming and they are near the bottom.

Does anyone know about a good (cheap) underwater camera?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
Very bummed out you don't have a history of building the bog. They did a hell of a job that's some fantastic clarity and no growth
Me too, that was the one day that was skipped by accident. Most of the day though was them fighting with the shale that wouldn't give so they re-designed where the centipede is on the side and not in the middle.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have only used my galaxy note 10 which is water proof but the speaker will have issues for a few hours afterward. Pc make sure the stylus is all the way in. go pro is not horrible

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you going to try to stay away from lots of plants ? If you keep the fish load down it may be plausible

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
@milonedp your fish are beautiful!!!
My iPhone 11 is waterproof to something like 8’. Since my pond is 4’, I never have to worry if I happen to drop it in. Fish videos have to be started before the phone is lowered, and none of the buttons work while underwater (to zoom, expand, take a picture, etc.), but I’ve learned to zoom to proper view before starting the video. Fish are curious and come to see what I’m doing. And with your water clarity, you’ll be able to see the fish swimming 15’ away!
I wish it was easier to post a video on here. I think you have to first upload it to YouTube.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My iPhone 11 is waterproof to something like 8’. Since my pond is 4’, I never have to worry if I happen to drop it in. Fish videos have to be started before the phone is lowered, and none of the buttons work while underwater (to zoom, expand, take a picture, etc.), but I’ve learned to zoom to proper view before starting the video. Fish are curious and come to see what I’m doing. And with your water clarity, you’ll be able to see the fish swimming 15’ away!
I wish it was easier to post a video on here. I think you have to first upload it to YouTube.
tis easy CE to have a youtube account and upload there, then link here. Give it a try; love to see others' UW vids!

smilie-sword-twirl-masked.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
LETS SEE THE VIDEOS .... LETS SEE THE VIDEO.......... LETS SEE THE UNDERWATER VIDEOS ... PUT THEM ON YOU TUBE JUST MAKE AN ACCOINT CLICK OR DRAG TO THE + COUPY THE SDDRESS AND PUT OT IN THE POST THD VIDEO ITS SELF WILL APPEAR

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
ya better molify him, CE; don't want GB going all apoplectic! What a heck of a hogmaster mess THAT would be! ;)

smilie-sword-twirl-masked.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
Are you going to try to stay away from lots of plants ? If you keep the fish load down it may be plausible
I don't plan on staying away from plants in the bog and the stream, I actually want to laid those up. For now though in the lower bowl I'll go light at least until the girls are older and we aren't swimming as much in the water as we did this summer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
Very bummed out you don't have a history of building the bog. They did a hell of a job that's some fantastic clarity and no growth. the company that built this for you defiantly deserves a plug
I meant to share this a while ago. You're right, they recorded this last summer so it's not even a full season yet. Here's the plug....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow. Looks awesome. What did you end up doing for landscape lighting? I see all the pedestals and remember you asking about lighting awhile ago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
Wow. Looks awesome. What did you end up doing for landscape lighting? I see all the pedestals and remember you asking about lighting awhile ago.
I did the following from Amazon, it was actually really easy once I finally picked it out. Looks like the first one isn't available anymore, maybe the have a new model. I really liked those.

LEONLITE 20-Pack 3W Low Voltage Pathway Lights, 12-15V LED Landscape Light with Black Aluminum Housing, IP65 Waterproof, 3000K Warm White, 50,000 Hours Lifespan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H1TJ2Z5/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FS2NT5YH6NDMDJ85QA4T?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

LEONLITE 12-Pack LED Landscape Spotlight, 4W 12V Low Voltage Garden Lights Wired, IP65 Waterproof, Bronze Aluminum Housing, 3000K Warm White, High CRI90, ETL Listed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZJ9H8Y7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_M8DSNVVG6SHBEX8VA69H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Malibu Power Pack 200watt Low-Voltage Weatherproof Transformer with Photo Sensor for Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W428XC9/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_E65TGZJT8E4W7ZT1EBG0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I LOVE THE STREAM WITH THE ROCKS JOGGING IN AND OUT not string of pearls at your pond. It looks like your bog is even to the size of the pond, while i do not have the surface area with the new bog i will have 28 inches of layers stone. Talk about restraining one self think i only saw a couple fish in there. i SEEM TO ALWAYS HOVER AROUND 30

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b / 8a
Country
United States
I LOVE THE STREAM WITH THE ROCKS JOGGING IN AND OUT not string of pearls at your pond. It looks like your bog is even to the size of the pond, while i do not have the surface area with the new bog i will have 28 inches of layers stone. Talk about restraining one self think i only saw a couple fish in there. i SEEM TO ALWAYS HOVER AROUND 30
There were 7 that made it through the winter (birds got two) and we just added 8. Will probably stay in that range till the girls get older and aren't going into it as much.

Looking for places to load up the bog with plants, anywhere online good?

Ask a Question