First time ponder- feedback and suggestions welcome!

Reaction score
Thanks, that video was a fantastic visual confirmation of what I was thinking, especially since the waterfall they used as a demo is about the same height and size of the one I'm planning.

I definitely want to be in the 2000-2500 gph range.

:beerchug:

Reaction score
No, I haven't picked out the pump yet.

It will be a while before I make that purchase, since I'll be saving up for that Laguna skimmer filter for a while and I want to buy that next.

But since I'll have so much pre-pump mechanical filtration now going with that Laguna filter design, I'm probably going to switch from my original plan and use a submersible pump instead, and run that from inside the filter behind all the media, since there's room built in for one. I've thought that through, and it should save me needing to build a separate pump housing, and also be quieter, so all I'll be hearing inside my office is the waterfall.

Do you have any particular recommendations?

Reaction score
I hear good things about Laguna pumps, also if you have a Lowes near you they sell Tetra pumps which I also hear goods things about. My pump sits inside of my pond, on the pond floor. you cannot hear the pump running at ALL!

Mine is actually a 3200 gph from Harbor Freight, I caught it on sale, and also had a 20% off coupon, so I paid $50.00 for the pump, and $10.00 for the extended warranty. By the way, when I got the pump home and tested it with 3 feet of 1-1/4" hose under ideal conditions it pumped 1800 gph.

Reaction score
My Lowes doesn't carry Tetra, they carry Beckett. But I was looking only at their external pumps last time I was there, I need to remember to take a look at their submersibles too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sequence 3600SEQ12 is a very good pump..
MOTOR HP 1/8 MAX CURRENT (amps) 1.40
With a external pump you can slow the flow by putting a ball valve on the exit side of the pump with no problems.
I'll have 6 Sequence pumps on my ponds

Reaction score
Do you sell those pumps too, DoDad?

Or any submersible pumps in the 2000 gph range?

EDIT- yikes, the Sequence pumps I just found pretty much blow my budget out of the water...

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to the site and it has so much info. I have a 15 foot pond that houses 10 koi in there, some as old as 8 years and about 2 feet in length. I have pics and vids of my pond on my personel website at http://fishtanksetups.com/
check it out and tell me what you think...
Thanks Frank da Tank
Koi-pond1.jpg1.jpg

Reaction score
welcome and it looks good ill check out the vids and frank da tank ?????????lol ive heard tht before from old school

~marino~

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Frank!

Back to my own pond design, based on ya'lls recommendations I'm looking now at the Laguna submersible pumps. The 4 year warranty is very attractive! Looks like I should be able to get a Laguna 2000 gph pump in the $100-150 range too- which puts me right in budget. :luxlove:

Ask a Question