got lucky

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I would love to see pics once they are settled in the pond. Hard to tell which one is my favorite in the bags. Is the orange and black fish a Koi or a goldfish? Appears to be a very large Comet from the pic. Nice assortment of colors and finage. I'm still amazed how large and healthy they all look even after traveling.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
To be honest I have never seen koi that big before and they sure out weigh my Aggie .Would be great to see them swimming but I guess at first they will be shy after all they have gone through .I know i would not want to be plucked from my pond shoved in a bag and then be put in another pond ,poor confused things .I hope it does not stress them out to much .

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
Fishin , the orange and black is a koi. When my wife took the pic he was moving. Sissy , the pond they came from was 8wx8wx6d. It's dark by the time I get home from work but will get pics as soon as I can.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh all those big fish in that small a pond .That shows you how tough they really are some of the times .Must have been wall to wall fish and makes you wonder what the water quality was and how this person was filtering the water .You must have been shocked when you saw how many were in there .How hard were they to catch without injuring them .Was the water clear and the water in the bags you have them in was it from that pond

kougs

kougs
Reaction score
gosh all those big fish in that small a pond .That shows you how tough they really are some of the times .Must have been wall to wall fish and makes you wonder what the water quality was and how this person was filtering the water .You must have been shocked when you saw how many were in there .How hard were they to catch without injuring them .Was the water clear and the water in the bags you have them in was it from that pond

His water was clear. Don't know tho if it was just recently changed. He lowered the water level so that it was at my knees and I had chest waders on just in case. With the water as cold as it is they are very slow and moving them into a 5 gallon bucket was easy. Yes, water in bags was from his pond.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I would love to see pics once they are settled in the pond. Hard to tell which one is my favorite in the bags. Is the orange and black fish a Koi or a goldfish? Appears to be a very large Comet from the pic. Nice assortment of colors and finage. I'm still amazed how large and healthy they all look even after traveling.

I was wondering about that orange and black one too, body looks a little different hsape comapered to the rest of them. Deformation or just a weird angle in the picture? Anyways, its still a cool looking fish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
kougs you should have asked how he filtered his pond as that would be interesting .I guess you did not get any pics of the pond so maybe you can spot the filtering system he used .hmmm would love to learn his secret

Ask a Question