addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, marble shelves aren't something one should take for granite. (sorry sorry sorry!)
geez on a boat, old counters, now look like carrara marble sort of.................better then the stained pinkish color they were...................
20210820_134902.jpg
20211002_080058(1).jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yeah, Boss is good about that; knows her construction stuff. BUT! Careful she don't pour some liquid marble all over ya--been in a zone trying to make everything look like marble lately! You should see the CAstle pantry; alla marble shelves now! I figure she done it to confuse the honey raiders...whomever THEY are....

;):confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes::)
geez ya picking on me! No marble shelves, just marble coffee tables.............................
20220108_081252.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
geez ya picking on me!

ah, says right in my contract; 'give 'em hell, Harry!' Never really DID get a good explanation of that, despite me signin' up! Figured you meant keep SUPER BOSS on 'er toes, too, no? I gotta get Dime to re-read that contract...I just know it's that 'clear'...;);):p

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@YShahar ..................good luck with this crew of crazies! I can see you will fit right in!

Your pond is going to be wonderful! AMTI.............................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@YShahar ..................good luck with this crew of crazies! I can see you will fit right in!

I BIN AMTIing, welcomed 'er 12 ways til Sunday! Sheesh! j.w already has given her a job in the CAstle; wot more ya want from us doofs????

:cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes::censored:

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
geez on a boat, old counters, now look like carrara marble sort of.................better then the stained pinkish color they were...................

Whoa! That's on a boat?!! That's one very luxurious kitchen!

I rather like the marble look, but I especially like the wood finish. Do you have pics of the rest of the boat somewhere online?

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel

Yeah, well, I've had my share of crazies... I'm married to one, raised three more. And (don't tell anyone) but...I've heard it said that I'm a bit touched myself. A vile calumny of course...

I'm sooo looking forward to having this pond finished, finally! For one thing, the rock pile has pretty much taken over the whole garden. That, and various building material that I've scrounged from construction waste heaps over the years. While taking apart the old, smaller pond, I discovered 20(!) huge concrete paving slabs that I had used to raise the grade and build the sides. They're each 45 cm on a side and heavy enough to require a hand-truck to move. And I don't even remember where I got them! But those will probably go in underneath the underlayment in the pond, as the ground here is more rock than soil.

My original idea was just to have the pond for its decorative effect, plus the cooling impact of water in the summer. But then, I already knew that meant keeping the water healthy for fish to control mosquito larvae, so why not add goldfish for pretty? And then, of course, my larger half wants Koi, which ups the filtration ante by a good bit.

For now, let's just get the thing dug, lined, and the first bit of filtration set up (intake bay, DIY biofalls). Then the next project will be a bog filter, which will also serve as part of a hydroponics system. That will probably be a project for next year though. Just putting the garden to rights after getting the pond done is going to be project enough! I'll post some pics of the garden in the construction thread, just for the fun of it.

You know, this is fun! It's great to be able to enthuse over pond stuff with someone besides my long-suffering larger half (whose eyes begin to glaze over whenever I start talking about plumbing, for some reason).

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My original idea was just to have the pond for its decorative effect, plus the cooling impact of water
That was my original idea. Then I added fish. Then you get attached to the fish. Then you start making modifications because you have added too many fish! Glad to see that you are thinking ahead!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whoa! That's on a boat?!! That's one very luxurious kitchen!

I rather like the marble look, but I especially like the wood finish. Do you have pics of the rest of the boat somewhere online?
I had it listed a lot of places, but now sold. Let me put a few thumbnails here so you can see it. My dear hubby, last year, after I spent about a yearish fixing up the 1987 searay said lets get a Carver so we sold and updated to 2001 boat. The last pic is the before kitchen.

The searay was owned by a IT dude, no clue on how to do fix up. I had to reframe the fridge, the flooring, etc It had leopard skin carpet in it when we bought the boat.

We bought it at the beginning of covid lockdown, Here you were allowed to go to your boat or stay locked in house, so we bought a old boat. I had a good time fixing it up, really enjoy the work. And we had a fun place to go and mess around. We could not take the boat out, which made it a great year to work on it.

Attachments

• 20211002_084613(1).jpg
    20211002_084613(1).jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211002_085814(1).jpg
    20211002_085814(1).jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200504_085504(1).jpg
    20200504_085504(1).jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211002_084412.jpg
    20211002_084412.jpg