Hello from Israel

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well, that's why you don't choose koi as your moat patrol mount. That's what crocs are for!
there IS that school of thought, sure, but you ain't seen American crocs; developed a nasty habit of imbibing what they're swimmin' in. You know how much it cost the last time the moat got drained? And that was just by one wobbly lil Queen and a dazed and confused Squire one summer weekend. Who'da thought they could put so much away? Super Boss came out of the portcullis, all spiffy in 'er regal-ness, expecting the koi and gf in the moat to stand up and salute...imagine HER surprise! Then imagine her frowny face right after. Didn't know my Squire could move that fast and the Queen? Well, let's say there's a reason her annex is on the west coast...yeah, twas ME that had to explain the fiasco and let me tell you, being on moat patrol duty is a cinch compared to following around a bunch of attack yorkies...so, no; no moat draining.

Unless you want to smuggle us in some of your Israeli crocs...now, they'd have to divest themselves of their penchant for eating koi, though...:cool::confused::(;););):p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:;)

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Unless you want to smuggle us in some of your Israeli crocs...now, they'd have to divest themselves of their penchant for eating koi, though...:cool::confused::(;););):p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:;)

Not sure how to break this to you, but "eating koi" isn't really the problem. It's that they eat *everything*! Including koi-riders. Other than that, they're pretty cool! (
)

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
IN english ITS HUH !!!!! I HAVE NOT A CLUE HOW TO PRONOUNCE YOUR NAME
It's Y (stands for Yael - pronounced Ya-EL) Shahar - the Sh is one letter in Hebrew and the h in the middle is a stand-in for a letter that doesn't exist in English, but is pronounced like the ch in the German word "ach". So it's something like SHA-ch-ar.

Simple!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks for that.. How ever it is pronounced your a a little dynamo that picture with the demo hammer is great most folks your age could barley en pick up that hammer and use it if im not mistaken it;s 40 pounds

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Uhhhhhhhhh, simple?...................me not think so much it is and I am the Queen and she knows all :D

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Thanks for that.. How ever it is pronounced your a a little dynamo that picture with the demo hammer is great most folks your age could barley en pick up that hammer and use it if im not mistaken it;s 40 pounds
Oh yes, that thing is definitely heavy! On the other hand, it was great fun to use. I only had it for a day, so I ended up stringing a bunch of lights over the workspace so I could keep going far into the night. I wish I could afford to buy one of these! It's a Makita, so a tad pricey.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh yes, that thing is definitely heavy! On the other hand, it was great fun to use. I only had it for a day, so I ended up stringing a bunch of lights over the workspace so I could keep going far into the night. I wish I could afford to buy one of these! It's a Makita, so a tad pricey.
Now you need some cams to record the granny working under the lights! Way to go!

I dug mine, by machine hand, dear hubby bought me a tractor for our 1st anniversary, and a bunch of shovel work. Our land is 3 inches of dirt and then layers and layers of shale.

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Now you need some cams to record the granny working under the lights! Way to go!

I thought of that, but sadly I can't afford it at this point. But I'll take plenty of photos as I go. I should have taken some back in October, when the pond area was still filled with brush and cut branches, just to show how far it's come. Oh well!
I dug mine, by machine hand, dear hubby bought me a tractor for our 1st anniversary, and a bunch of shovel work. Our land is 3 inches of dirt and then layers and layers of shale.

Now that's what I call true love! I've shown this post to my larger half, just so he'll have something to aim for, in terms of romantic overtures.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Now that's what I call true love! I've shown this post to my larger half, just so he'll have something to aim for, in terms of romantic overtures.
He was looking for a used one, we stopped at a new tractor place, kubota, shocked the heck out of me when he asked the salesman for a price and signed on the dotted line. (This second hubby is a non spender, unlike first hubby) Of course with a backhoe, buckets, now have a tiller and a bush hog attachment. Helps with our land care.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
HINT TO KEEP MOLES AWAY , MOLES EAT GRUBS AND MILKY SPORE KILLS GRUBS . I put milky spore on my front and side yard but could not finish because I could not get it , sold out everywhere I went . I did not finish the back yard or top part of the side yards . . I am getting mole tunnels there now . I put milky spore down over 9 years ago and the spores reproduce in the ground and saved some to put under my pond liner that I knew had mole tunnels near it and then pond started to leak and saw i had holes in the liner . When I pulled the liner I saw why , lots of grubs for the moles to go after .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I should have taken some back in October, when the pond area was still filled with brush and cut branches, just to show how far it's come. Oh well!
can ya put them back and THEN take some pics, you know, for chronicle's sake??? I mean, not like you don't know the process now...could just 'start again'!! (okies, I sense tis TIME TO RUN!!)

:cool::p

Ask a Question