Hello from Israel

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are so right! (And happy anniversary, almost!)

I'm being very careful to do it all on a shoestring at the moment, as finances are tight. This time next year, the situation should be better. And as @GBBUDD suggested, I'll probably rent a demolition hammer once I've got a week free to do pond work. I checked prices for that a few month's back, and it isn't too bad if I can carve out a time to make efficient use of it. Just need to get done with some projects for my "day job" first.

I've also got two tons worth of river rock to bring down the two stories from the street to the back yard, so I'll need to rig up some sort of slide to move it. So there's no end of stuff that needs doing!

And @brokensword, no, we aren't turning the clock back on that mess! It was some 6 years' worth of trimmings and it's gone, gone, gone! I did hold onto a couple of older olive branches to (maybe) use as driftwood in the pond. I also thought of making some cat climbing trees out of the more interesting bits. I think I need a few more lifetimes to accomplish all this stuff!
YOU could always try to place a add for a work party feast and beer for the exchange of the help from some scrapping young men . i some how get the feeling your a firecracker and could easily pull that off

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, that's sort of how I found His Honor the Cook... After going the traditional matchmaker route and getting nowhere interesting, I tried a Jewish dating site. I put out a tender for someone who knew how to cook, liked motorcycles, and had, er... a couple of other talents. Got most of what I asked for (he wasn't wild about motorcycles, but was willing to ride pillion). Here's to matchmaking!
Knew i liked this little lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smilie-GB-harley-xmas-version.gif

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Knew i liked this little lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, but sadly, I sold my last bike some 15 years ago. It was a lovely fire-engine red Bandit 600 with a custom Corbin saddle (because I'm height challenged and my feet barely reached the ground). So now I have to content myself with a more sedate four wheeled steed -- a sturdy little 4X4 Suzuki for occasional off road challenges.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ah, but sadly, I sold my last bike some 15 years ago.
My late hubby had a harley he spent around 30k on making it pretty. New hubby had a harley. Hauled late hubbies harley across country when I moved here.

I was going to learn to ride, but from working in a trauma hospital, I was not calm enough to ride, even as a passenger, so smartly gave that up. I like having all the "safety" of a car. And dear new hubby sold his and mine. I told him he could ride but never with me.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just gave my bike away to dangerous around her roads are barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other . Used to ride harley with my oldest son . But these days people drive distracted to much . What they need is an automatic switch in vehicles that turns off your phone as soon as you get behind the wheel . I almost got hit head on saturday going to the flea market on the way to my sisters and there was a sheriff car right behind me and he made a quick turn and got the guy . I was just plain lucky because the road there is a backroad and same barely wide enough for 2 cars to pass .All backroads here like that .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I went to pass a car last year and as i was along side the car it floored it just as a truck was coming at me and i wa in the wrong lane. I down shifted and just barely got infront of her trying to drop back was probably out as there was a big line of cars behind where i was. Anyways i was beyond pissed flipping her off when not a hundred yards where i passed her she took a left turn . so if wasn't she didn't want a bike in front of her it was screw you dude im in a sport ute and your on a bike. well i turned around chased her down when i pulled up along side with my helmet now in my hands she floored it cut off traffic if i ever wanted someone head on a spit it was her

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Whoa, @GBBUDD and @sissy , those are some really close calls! I've had only two accidents on a bike, one of which was my fault (looking at scenery while driving on the side of the road, I skidded out. No harm done, other than to my pride). The more serious accident happened when someone rear-ended me while I was stopped at a traffic light. The bike was thrown into a busy intersection, where it was hit by several cars. I somehow got thrown off the bike and ended up landing on my feet, hopping mad. The same car that rear-ended me also hit the car sitting in the lane beside me. The driver of that car was taken to the hospital with whiplash. I got out lucky, but the bike was totaled.

What finally decided me to sell my last bike was that I found I was just taking too many chances. The last straw was that one night my reserve unit was called up to deal with "a situation". We waited at a staging area until after 2am only to find that there was nothing for us to do; terrorists had slit the throats of 8 members of one family and then set their house on fire, and committed suicide. I drove home in a dark funk, and at one point found that I'd been driving over 200 km/hour on a dark straight stretch of road. A single rock thrown from the side of the road would have been the end of me, as would a small rock in the road. When I got home, I decided it was time to sell the bike.

Hmmph! Talk about Off Topic! (and yeah, I think I figured out what OTG stands for: Off Topic Gang ;-) )

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i got struck by a robin " small bird while doing 80 mph Damn beek embedded in my forehead that was no fun......... i didn't go down but a lessor rider probably would have it kicked the head back. and pulling out what i believe was the bottom beak was one for the books.

Will the bs ever stop over there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Only bike I ever ride is the one I have to pedal! Well we have rented those mopeds on the beach but that's about it. Rode on the back of and idiot's motor cycle in high school once. He would ride up to a telephone pole and let the tires touch it and then step on the gas for thrills! No more riding w/him!
This would be my style if I ever owned one:
1644955863846.gif

Ask a Question