heron attack hopefully stopped in time?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
just a reminder...... its about time for herons to start migrating south again so you may have visits from others normally outside your area as they travel.

Reaction score
Not sure if that question was intended for me, but if so the answer is out when needed....doggy door on deck to fenced in back yard, dog can get out whenever it wants and spends most of his time on deck.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
coons,you know we have them in the area, i see them dissemboweled on the roadsides... but they have yet to go near my pond...i thank GOD for that!!! (the not going near my pond..not the dissemboweling)

Reaction score
Have you ever thought about using the Scarecrow form Contech? While it cost between $70-$80, it does work. I have used them on my pond and it seems to keep Herons away.

Reaction score
It also doesn't work on Possums as well. But it does work on Herons and Egrets. I have actually used on on a pond that had a problem with ducks and it got rid of them rather quickly. The only other problem is that you need to remember to turn it off when you work on the pond as I have been sprayed with H2O more then once!:banana:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
not my video....saw it on youtube and posted it... wasnt neccessarily a miss tho, just because it flew off doeant mean it got far!!!!!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
MAN ...I'm glad i havent moved my guys outside yet...was gonna do it yesterday! S.O.B.G.B.H was in my yard this morning ...pond side!! i did see some orange in one of the milk crates in the pond (tied 2 sets of 2 together with large stone in the bottom ones for weight and split my iris' in 2 and they are in the top ones....theres about 15 or so 2 to 3 inchers out there now ...some without color yet. atleast i hope theyre all still there....we'll see! he took off as i opened the window to let Ms.Daisy ask him to leave!!

Ask a Question