sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
options are always good and everyone likes to try different things and I think that makes ponding interesting all the ways you can do things and sometimes you find something you can do other times not .You fail with one thing you try another

Reaction score
I've looked at your page many times my filters like yours except 20 gallons, my pump just doesn't move enough water to get a powerful swirl. You said earlier the swirl eliminates tue need for the prefilter.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
prefilters catch the fish waste and other solid organics organics before the pumps impellor purees them into a semi solid / liquid state.

Reaction score
Sorry for the triple post. I re read my conversation about fencing. I said he changed his story but that was incorrect and I misunderstood him. His experience was that fencing didn't have enough area for bacteria to grow an that it only filter small particles and that a good prefilter is nessacery, so it was not an all in one filter.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I agree, the first one is too light duty.
I used my Radial Arm saw to cut mine in half. Worked great, just keep the roll tight and put tape around the area to be cut.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Build the muscles clemsonguy...............jig saw? if you held it down tightly that might work with the right tooth blade, small, like for metal

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep it might, fine tooth i would think so it would not snag as much. Besides the jig saw blades are short.

Reaction score
Yeah, Im still waiting on checking out a couple of other media but I think ill do a layer of scrubber pads, followed by the fence than Maybe a couple pots with elephant ear.

Ask a Question