Let's talk Edging a Liner pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Stupid question perhaps, but do you roll/fold away from the pond, or towards it?
Into the pond UNLESS it is a lot of liner or is behind a boulder that i can not move again

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Pablo place your liner trim details in here.
and get that video on your post we highjacked miami

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Pablo place your liner trim details in here.
and get that video on your post we highjacked miami
The weather was stupid today as I am sure you had the T-storms also in CT. But just a quick picture tonight. Not bad for the first day of the pond running.

Attachments

• 20230909_193143.jpg
    20230909_193143.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We rolled away from the pond - toward the human doing the rolling if I'm interpreting the question correctly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The weather was stupid today as I am sure you had the T-storms also in CT. But just a quick picture tonight. Not bad for the first day of the pond running.
VERY Cool looks like you have a good flow on your falls did you go with 8500? or was it the 12000

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We rolled away from the pond - toward the human doing the rolling if I'm interpreting the question correctly.
I DID MOST OF MY EDGING FROM WITHIN THE POND. but i think your saying you rolled away from the water

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
At 6 foot the ground is a long way down at almost 60 I took the short cut aand stood in the pond making it only 3 feet to the ground . i like those number a lot better

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
VERY Cool looks like you have a good flow on your falls did you go with 8500? or was it the 12000
Thanks, the family is quite happy with the night time look. The falls are coming down at a good clip, much better than I thought they would and the sound is great. I do probably have to throttle back the flow into the bog. I will have to figure out the balance between the pond and bog as I have too much water in the bog, inch or two above the gravel covering two thirds of the bog. That gravel was dirty despite the cleaning which I know everyone has that issue, still annoying, the pond was clear before the bog was filled. The pond ended being 3700 gallons (I had a meter at the faucet) the bog over 300 gallons (a little harder to be exact as it had water in it already from the rain). Using PerformancePro Artesian2 low rpm 1/3hp rated for 6300 gph

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, the family is quite happy with the night time look. The falls are coming down at a good clip, much better than I thought they would and the sound is great. I do probably have to throttle back the flow into the bog. I will have to figure out the balance between the pond and bog as I have too much water in the bog, inch or two above the gravel covering two thirds of the bog. That gravel was dirty despite the cleaning which I know everyone has that issue, still annoying, the pond was clear before the bog was filled. The pond ended being 3700 gallons (I had a meter at the faucet) the bog over 300 gallons (a little harder to be exact as it had water in it already from the rain). Using PerformancePro Artesian2 low rpm 1/3hp rated for 6300 gph
unless your sure there's no leaks id shut the pump down for the night and give it a real gook look over before it goes all night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
unless your sure there's no leaks id shut the pump down for the night and give it a real gook look over before it goes all night
Thanks, its been running since about 9:30am and the level was very steady. Then the downpours came later in the day, about 3/4 inch of rain in a short amount of time and still no leaks around the pond. There are some low edges that I need to bump up a little, areas that we were going in and out of the pond so they got compacted during the build.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
10.4 it's the rains I was concerned with as it will compact anything not 100% and it is amazing how much pressure water can have pushing against a newly created edge.
Welcome to the next step.
I got to get up out of this chair, where I am enjoying watching the fish and finish detailing that corner.

Ask a Question