j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Way to go Larkin! Make sure and take pix of your builds and such cuz we wanna see it all! So happy for you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Larkin, Congratulations! It sounds like you have a great vision for the place. Good luck with everything.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Good luck and when you move remeber the stress of the move in the end is all worth it .I swear I will never move again .Moving from NJ to VA was something I never want to go through again .Just make sure you have one box with all the stuff you need right away .Mine was the coffee pot, sugar and toilet paper and some paper cups and plastic knives forks and spoons and paper plates

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
This shouldn't be that bad really. My biggest concerns are building a pond and moving the fish. I'm going to build a new pond asap and install the trash master on it to get things cycling. I've got some things I really wnat to do at first in this pond so I can upgrade as I go. 2- 4" Bottom drains!! Going to be tricky though because the main filter on the big pond here can't be saved for the new pond, It's going to take way to long to breakdown and move it and get it installed to really get much use out of the media. Been thinking about possibly adding a vortex filter to the trashmaster and throwing the media in it for the move and applying plenty of air until all balances some what.
For at least the next two or three weeks we will be living out of both homes. LOL Dogs have to stay here for now until we get fence up, Fish will be here and the remodeling will be here. So all that's getting moved at first is what we DON'T need here. The dining room table is staying there. (We got one with the house and it's NICE!) The one here is staying until we get ready to sell and my son's taking it. No appliances to move except a small deep freezer and the washer and dryer. Two bed rooms of furniture, and the entertainment system and living room furniture. One room of furniture is going to the step daughters, and the outdoor furniture is staying here. Our offices here will be ripped out and thrown away, I built them and they won't help the value of the home. Plus need to change out carpet in here. Going to get two new matching desks for the new home, We want to set them up on each side of the fire place with the sitting area in the center of the room. This is where we spend 80% of our time together, might as well set at up for enjoying visitors as well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I made it easy on my move in a way .I gave all my furniture away in NJ to family and friends ,first come first served .I bought all new down here because all the furniture companies down here make furniture and have warehouse stores and have great buys on one of a kind furniture .I was starting new so figure new house new everything .Plus my other house was a cape cod and this was a ranch .I wanted less formal more casual .You will enjoy all the hard work you put into it and in a year or so you will look around and say I don't remember just how much work I put into this .It is all worth it in the end ,just like a pond you never stop tweeking things and making them better .But it all comes out in the end .I started with bare stripped land and a house and I now look around and say it was all worth it .Just remember when it seems like you can't do it that your strenght will come out and all of a sudden it is done .My best wishes are with you and your family in this and you will get what you want .

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Well we are staying the first night in the new house tonight. Still no TV, Internet, or phone there yet. Got to love our cable provider. Only been ordered for a week now. I staple and a butterfly in my finger (Me), another emrgency room visit last night to remove cactus thorns from the grand baby. She fell and had over 700 cactus thorns in her face, arm, and side. My son had over 250 in his arm trying to get her out of the cactus. Needless to say, that cactus is no longer in the same location. We had to cut it down and I moved a piece to start a new plant in a much safer area. One bent bumper and a minor concussion. (ME again) But all is going pretty well all considering. Should be 90% up and running by the end of the week this week. I'll be so glad when we are back in one house. living between two with the animals right now is kind of a pain but it will be worth it in the long run.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations, that's great news about the house! It looks and sounds idyllic :)

Really sorry to hear about the cactus injurys though - are they both ok now?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great larkin glad you are getting closer to being done with your move.

Those cactus thorns hurt unreal, each one has a little hook. Sorry to hear they got hurt by the cactus, hope they are ok.
I have had a bunch in me more than I care to remember, living in arizona. Here some cactus survive outside, but I have none, no thanks to the thorns.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh that sound horrible Larkin. Hoping they are both recovering now. Sorry you are having the calamities and hope you be careful so no more mishaps!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is pushing himself jw, getting tired. I did the same during my move here, busy from time got out of bed until fell back into bed exhausted. Easy to make mistakes and hurt yourself.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I understand, we all do it and my back is always killing me when I over do..........work from morning til dark and lucky to drink or eat anything in between. Good overnight sleep and back at it again...............never learn,lol!

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
Hey larkin hope all your dreams and hard graft ahead make it your.......PARADISE KOI-DOM or AQUATIC PARADISE

good luck to you and family on your new venture.

whiskey [terry ]

Reaction score
Wow Larkin I love your new house, I have been in hibernation mode and not on the internet much so I missed your post but glad I found it because that is one nice house/property. I was thinking of a name and came up with Fur&Fins Retreat?? Just a quick thought and that came to mind..anyhow so excited for you and yours and can't wait to see what you do with the new place.Have a blessed day. Amber

Ask a Question