Made a offer on the new place today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Larkin, remind me. You lived in LA, now you live in another state, right? I can't remember where the new place is. That's incredible how many thorns your grandbaby had in her, and the places where she got injured. I bet she was a sight when they get them all out. Poor little tyke! Hope all of you are better now. Can't wait to see build pics of the new pond going in soon!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Larkin, remind me. You lived in LA, now you live in another state, right? I can't remember where the new place is. That's incredible how many thorns your grandbaby had in her, and the places where she got injured. I bet she was a sight when they get them all out. Poor little tyke! Hope all of you are better now. Can't wait to see build pics of the new pond going in soon!

He moved in the same state, country, last thing he posted was he had no internet yet at the new place

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
Larkin if it was me , i wouldnt rush into such a big undertaking ,the move is enough stress for all of you.right now, as to the fish prehaps a stock pond or an area to just dig out and liner it until your ready with plans made in advance,
No need to rush other wise your wish you had done it different way......give it some thought from one who knows.....i ended up having to go in hospital to have a stent fitted..

TOMORROW ANOTHER DAY....................SO LONG AS WE ENOUGH ENERGY AND LIFE .............TO ENJOY IT.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Patty at one point we were looking at North Ga. Southern North Carolina area but we decided to stay close to the kids and grandkids that are still living in the area. Up there it would have been way to far for them to come visit and taking on a small farm I don't see us getting to do much traveling unless we have them around to keep up with the animals if we do decide to leave any. Moving is going slow and and the rain is not cutting any breaks. Got the big fish tank swapped out. decided to upgrade their tank from a 75 gallon to a 150 to give them some more room. Still have to move plants from the green house and the koi pond. Other than that we are pretty much moved over now just having to unpack.
All is well on the cactus episode. no infections and I think they got all the thorns out with no big problems.Thanks for all the well wishes. Finally got cable and Internet today. Still no phone but they should have that completed by Monday I hope. We now have three pond liners. 24x36, 25x35, and a 15 x 25. Always heard the bigger the pond the better. Guess we will see. Just wish the rain would hold off long enough to get the temporary pond started. That the last major obstacle in this journey.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice the hear from you again! We are dry warm sunny, sending some your way. Well it might, just might, snow a little today. You can have some nice ponds with those liners, now get digging! Rain is no excuse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, those liners are really nice size. I can't imagine the costs of them. Sounds like the move is progressing very well. What do you have in the 150 gal tank? I assume the koi are still in their pond at the other place. Did you get all your animals moved already? You have been VERY busy lately. Glad it's all coming togther. We would love more pics, you know. :) I'd love to see all your other animals as well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad everyone faired well w/ the cactus episode!
Bet it feels really good to be in a nice new place w/ much more room for you to work on all your projects. Nice of you to give your aquarium fish a nice new bigger home too. I agree w/ CE we need more pix!

whiskey

Reaction score
Hey larkin been awhile now ,how life treating you, got temp pond up and running yet.
My build slow but getting there, you must know what i mean, little by little each day another day forward.
Hope alls well with family now and wish you luck on new venture.
whiskey [ terry ]

whiskey

Reaction score
Hey larkin the new build looks great man , like the idea of two lakes but both on their own, hope the rain stops , so you can get on with it, going to look really awesome.
Just making a start now on the home side [two chambers and side walling] plus window on mine, be glad to finish now, starting to get pains in back of legs, all that stooping and lifting things
take it easy when you can,
whiskey

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks Terry and Malak, Guess I need to post a few updates here as well. Been trying to post updates on the Showcase thread but yes, that's why I started this one to hear what everyone thinks. Been kind of sad lately here. After losing Johnny our Lab and Tex one of our big Koi I guess I kind of got more depressed than I realized. But life must go on and after the rain last night I decided it was time to get started on the feeding deck and try to stop the mudslide at the front door of the house. If you look in the pic at the top right hand side where the drum filter is, that's the area I'm working on today. It's slow going ( Extremely muddy after the rain last night, but slowly coming together. I want to move the drum filter as well but the big pond has come to a hault until I can get some help. So I've decided to just leave it on this pond for now until everything really gets stable. The pond cycled about three weeks ago, (About the time we lost Tex) Tests results this morning PH 7.8 GH 100 Kh 180 ammonia .25 ppm maybe less but I am still getting some small readings. Nitrites 0ppm,( Yea, first 0 reading in over two weeks!) Nitrates 5ppm, Salinity is .18, Need to add some salt today-trying to keep between .2 and .3 while the pond is cycling and the fish been being moved around. Phosphates 0, Dissolved oxygen level has stabalized at 11-12 ppm depending on time of day. So far I'm pretty happy with this one. I'll try and post a new pic or two or three here tonight after I can get some more of the deck complete. Plus should make for taking a few better pics. ;-)

Attachments

• pond pics 013.JPG
    pond pics 013.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 285

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your ponds are looking great Larkin...............looks like you live in a park. Everything is so well maintained and beautiful!
How much do you charge to come in there,lol!

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, Funny JW, Good things about pics is you can avoid pics of a ll the extra Junk! No where close to being ready to show off yet. The wife keeps getting on to me every evening for all the stuff I have laying in the yard, every time a rain storm gets ready to come in the front porch catches it all. Amost through staining and water sealing all the feeding deck boards, If the rain holds off this evening I should be able to get it all screwed down this evening.

Ask a Question