addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing................same here, here pond stuff, garden, stuff, wagons, tools tractors , all hits our lower patio. i need a back yard , yard garage.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So get busy building one addy! You have room for one but wait Mark likes to put some things off like wiring up that generator so you might have to set a fire under him to get him moving!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
would love to, will need to sneak it in, they have rules as to the amount of space under roof i.e. house and the percentage for your garage size. We are maxed out with the car garage we put up for him. Sort of sucks, we do have almost 4 acres. I do have a two car garage full of my tools but it is not in the back yard. So things collect on the lower patio (and in the basement) when I am working on the yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I had friend come over and bring some excess plants and hated that I still have the kiddie pool out, and the 4" PVC pipe I used to drain the water from bog, and wheelbarrow, and buckets of rocks and .... well you get the idea. Guess it's the same as others have around their ponds. LOL Had to move things around to mow! Tomorrow I will put things away ... at least that's the plan tonight, as I sit in my recliner. LOL
And, Larkin, I think every time you add to your Showcase thread, you should add something small to this thread. I forgot about this thread, and when I read and see pics on the other thread, I just want to comment, but can't. :) I'll have to remember about this one. I love how you elevated your bog, and I think your bog is the one that looks like it has a stream running down the middle of it, right? I liked that idea and stole it for my little bogs. :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
OK, Here are some before and after pictures from today. Not finished with the deck yet, still have to finish staining the steps and finish screwing all the boards down. Had to stain and seal all the wood before installing, so each board had to be precut and all fitted before thet got screwed down to avoid anything possibly getting in the water. Sorry for the dark pics. I almost forgot to get some of the pics before darkness set in.

Attachments

• pond update pics 001.JPG
    pond update pics 001.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 282
  • pond update pics 008.JPG
    pond update pics 008.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 325
  • pond update pics 009.JPG
    pond update pics 009.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 271
  • pond update pics 010.JPG
    pond update pics 010.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 290
  • pond update pics 011.JPG
    pond update pics 011.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 282
  • pond update pics 014.JPG
    pond update pics 014.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 232
  • pond update pics 018.JPG
    pond update pics 018.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 308

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Oh, and JW, Endy thinks I need to straigten up around the yard before taking pics! lol She's been so depressed since we lost Johnny. Now she stays close by and keeps an eye on what I'm doing all day.

Attachments

• pond update pics 012.JPG
    pond update pics 012.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 202
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Great pics, Larkin. That is going to be really nice feeding dock. And, poor Endy. I know how she feels. When I lost my other Boston, she got hit by horse hoof (not kicked, it was a freak accident), my other Boston was beside herself for a week! She still stays close to me, almost clingy, but part of that is she is expecting puppies end of this month. Maybe you need to get Endy a new friend. :) And, you have to make a mess before you can have new creations!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your pond looks good in the dark too Larkin..................you gonna get some lights set up out there? Would look really nice at night! New deck is beautiful!
You are a work in progress so stuff laying around is allowed. Endy needs to grieve w/ you just like people. She misses her friend and is prolly afraid to lose you so she sticks close. Maybe someday when you feel better about it you can get another friend for her. Little puppy labs are really cute. Whenever I see one I think maybe I should take that sweet one home. Maybe someday.

Zeke when little:
IMG_0107.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When my hubby passed, missy looked for him for 2 months, kept checking the room where he died to see if he came back. Poor little thing. Now she is at my side 24/7. It took her 6 months to accept my new hubby as part of the family

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's sad addy! They get attached to us and it must hurt them a lot to wonder what happened. Glad she had you. Is really hard on pets I bet when they lose the only person they have and then get carted off to the dog pound or left on their own. Makes me sad to think about it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Adorable pup, JW. Yep, I never thought much about dogs dying and others greiving, as I never had more than one dog when I was growing up. And, even when I had more than one, seems like there were 3, so if one was gone, the other two had each other. But, they do notice and it's a huge part of their lives when they lose a buddy.
Now, to lighten the mood here a little, my pup Yukon, who is about 5 months old, is my 2 year old! He goes and gets things out of the bathroom trash, brings them into the LR, maybe toss it around some, or the dryer sheet, chew on it a little (must have tasted bad LOL) and leave it lay. Then came in with a TP empty roll, played with that, and went back for more stuff. He's such a hoot! He almost never chews anything up ... except some photos that he got into while I was riding one day, and left him in the LR instead of the pen or garage. Live and learn! Pregnant Boston barely fits in recliner next to me now. She has less than 3 weeks to go ... Memorial Day weekend Sun or Mon I figure. :)
JW, you're so right about dogs that lose their only human, and no one else wants them, or they get carted to someone else's house who doesn't really want them, that's sad, too! Addy, little dogs are much more personable, it seems, as they are more often house dogs, and house dogs are around us all the time, and we learn all about them as they do about us. Like little humans in doggie uniforms. LOL

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
Must say your place gets better by the day, i dare say there are lots on forum who willingly swop places , your place is a dream in the making, i enjoy watching your new venture, its like walking in your shoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I agree with Whiskey, Larkin. That's going to be quite the show place. I would love to move somewhere, start all over on making a new pond, maybe have a yard with a slope to really have fun with a stream and so forth. But your place is so gorgeous, and the new barn is really coming along. Is it going to be totally open, or will you have gates and so forth? I can't remember how many animals and types of animals will be housed in there, or maybe it's for equipment? You really did it right, too, backfilling right away. So many people I know build the barn and save the backfilling for "later ...." and sometimes later never arrives! Really nice job.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks Whisky and CE, Sometimes it seems like everythying goes in stagnent mode then a bunch of things start happpening at once. It's been an adventure I can tell you that much. While we were on vacation last week the contractor that is doing most of the barn build ran the tractor hot and it blew a head gasket. So we have been searching for someone that can fix a japanese tractor. Should have bought a John deer. Still looking for one! anyway, Then on mothers day a DUI driver that had already hit someone else and was trying to flee the scene of the 1st accident hit another truck then went head on with me and the wifey. We are ok but as you can see the truck didn't fair so well. I spent the day today looking for a new truck. The Ins. company totalled mine and gave me the figure of what they cover. I've been to 8 car lots today and I'm about to go nuts talking to car salesmen! I finally found a very similar truck in the price range at 9pm this evening. it was to late to get everything done but they let me drive it home with a small deposit. I'll have to finish everything up Monday. I didn't get pics this evening but between that and trying to get the other place finished so the new renters/owners can move in this next week it's been hectic to say the least. Oh I didn't mention that the other house had a swimming pool, and we all know when it seems like everything is going bad it all happens in three's, Well the pump cracked a housing and emptied half the pool out night before last. So I have been back and forth here and there for the last two days!
The barn/ cover/ shed is going to be open for now. It will have the cement floor poured this next week on the left hand side, it will be limestone on the other. There are going to be two stables in the back 10'x12' and a tack room that will be 10'x12' also. It's mainly just a big cover for the most part but a barn in the back. We still have to fence in the back of the property which we have been battling with the neighbors in the back as to exactly where the property line is. There appears to be a property over lap on the two properties from years back. I think we have agreed on a way to settle it without having to go through the courts. That has been the hold up on getting the back fenced in. Then there is the front patio and the Koi pond. After that then MAYBE things will start to settle down some.

Attachments

• IMAG01071.jpg
    IMAG01071.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 258
  • IMAG01191.jpg
    IMAG01191.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 253
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OMG, Larkin, sooooo glad you and wife were ok! That guy needs to go to prison for sure! To have one accident, flee and hit another head on, he was looking for death. Too bad he didn't achieve it! But, soooo sad for you and the other vehicle he hit previously. This is a really scary thing when drunks drive. When I slid into semi trailer on exit back in March, the drunk driver that also slid to the shoulder ahead, did something similar. He gunned it, got going the wrong way, went past me, hit 2 vehicles behind me on the exit ramp, spun, heading right direction, hit me and then slid backwards under the semi's trailer, right snugged up behind my car. Everything was pretty much slow motion. Then, the jerk had the audacity to say, "I didn't know it would do that!" DUH!!!! He was from the town where I live, .... he just didn't think he'd get caught.
Sounds like when it rains it pours for your life right now, but things will settle down. That's your "3", so things will look up now, and no more problems, at least I would hope! Good luck getting the back line figured out. Otherwise it's nothing for the courts, just get a surveyor both of you agree on, both pay half of his fee, and go with whatever he comes up with! That will settle it forever and ever, especially if you put up a fence to "mark the spot".

Ask a Question