Michaels dry lotus flower seeds

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am posting this in the woods behind my house, maybe the coyotes will see it.:(

Attachments

• wanted-raccoon.jpg
    wanted-raccoon.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 227

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing tmann................that will surely work! sorry about your seeds.

The deer are starting to visit our slope, so far they are just wandering in and eating the leaves of the sun flowers. They must like that taste.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear that and I guess animals are not picky about what they eat .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
;) tmann that just might work :lol:
sissy the deer that messed up my young cherry tree just ripped the leaves off the lower half of the tree and threw them on the ground. Didn't even look like they ate any. I think young deer are out testing plants to see if they are any good so they will mess w/ anything til they find something they really like, like addy's sunflowers.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh all the new trees I have I just put a piece of chicken wire around them 4 feet high and just let it sit around the tree .But also found deer do not like things hanging off trees .I put irish spring soap on that bright colored landscaping ribbon .I just cut the soap in half and drill a hole in it and put the ribbon through the hole and then tie some of the ribbon loosely on the tree branches also .Seems the breeze and soap work .They have not touched a tree since

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I've heard of doing that also but wondered if the soap would hurt the plants below or the roots of the trees? I just hung some old C.D's in the cherry tree that blow in the wind and are shiny and they haven't been back since. Maybe they don't like the music collection ;)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
taherrmann4 said:
I am posting this in the woods behind my house, maybe the coyotes will see it.;)

Love it! I think you can get live traps from the animal shelters in most towns. Baited with peanut butter it's almost a guarantee you'll catch them. So far I'm keeping the one that visits at bay but I'm getting tempted to try and catch it and relocate it, seen it three time so far.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Actually it keeps them from being infested by bugs that could kill the tree roots .My father always had tons of it on his fruit trees and in his strawberry patches .Kept the bunnies at bay .Plus when your picking strawberries down on your knees you don't want to lean in bunnie poop

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
blue Tidy Bowl gizmo
irish spring soap
whipped eggs sprayed on plants

"Camouflage Gardening" using scent barriers (created by using a variety of strongly aromatic plants, shrubs & herbs throughout the garden.)

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your seeds being eaten. I agree I don't think I would like spraying eggs on my plants. With the heat and humidity that would stink.

I put mine in the pond yesterday morning and the stems grew 2-3 inches by last night to reach the top of the water. This morning they are starting to uncurl the first leaf. When I potted them on of the long stems broke off so I hope the second and third leaf that had started will reach water level in a few days.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Did it break off below the water line? If so keep us updated please, I know on mature plants if you cut the stems below the water level the plant will suck in water and it can kill/drown the section of tuber that it was formed from. i would be intrested in seeing if that is true on baby plants as well.

Reaction score
Curious too. But I would expect it to be fine since its just like a lily and it doesn't bother them.

3rd leaf on mine is opening up and 4th is about an inch below the water. Roots are well underway. I'll get a picture up once I find the camera.

I've always used dirt in my pots, but tried a few in clay. Does it always stay kind of granular? I thought it would mush together more. Did notice it was easier to push my finger in it when it was under water so I can see how the roots would like it. But starting a baby or seed in there is a little irritating. Keeps floating out so I had to bury it a little deeper or put a pebble on it to hold it until the roots get longer.

Also part of the pond is in partial shade and I put the extras in a bucket that is in full sun. Will be interesting to see how much this effects them. Since I have so many I might leave some in the shadier part as sort of a test. And keep the others in the sunnier area.

Ask a Question