sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure how much you feed your fish but you may have to cut back on that until the plants start cleaning again .I only feed mine 2 or 3 times a week and let them eat algae and other stuff in the pond as it keeps the water clearer

Reaction score
I feed them once a day...the flakes. So what should I cut it back to? Gonna break my heart when they start begging! Having 700 gallons approximately...what's my limit on fish? Your fish are HUGE or at least they look that way in the photos!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep pellets are better they float or sticks and I always remove uneaten food .Like colleen says they will not starve they are like dogs they will eat anything and everything until they way 300 lbs :razz:Aggie and bert are over 2 feet long and i have 13 fish and feel that is to many but i love them

Reaction score
okay ladies...I'll pick some up next time I'm out but is there any particular brand you prefer? How many pellets do you toss in there? I've only got 5 or 6 fish and the one shark and most are about 6". Based on my incredible lack of knowledge, you'd never know we've had a pond for 5 or 6 years!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
only what they can eat in a few minutes is all I give mine .I buy tetra but it's what they like but there are brands that have less by products that make the food more digestable and fish don't produce as much waste .

Reaction score
Sissy...the pond is looking great as you can see in the photos and I'm not having to go out as often to clean the batting. Looks like there is just a layer of muck at the bottom of the pond which I'm assuming is what is getting cycled through the batting. Really happy to have it look nice, as if my husband so many thanks to you. Putting the series down to today :)

Reaction score
The photos I took look great but when I uploaded them here not so much. I'm going to just put a couple up from today and maybe they will look clear on your end. Now I can call it "My New Lovely Pond"!

Attachments

• 4th day.JPG
    4th day.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 12 #2.JPG
    12 #2.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 224

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wow love that dark red lily! looks like a tropical Your pond looks good too

Reaction score
Hi Addy.....It's a night lilly that opens around 7 pm and stays open until around 11:00 a.m. and was given it's name *which I can't remember* to honor an young lady that passed away from cancer. It's very beautiful and we enjoy it. The pond is coming along and I guess it will continue to look even better since we are still picking up muck in the batting.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a tropical night lily, it survived the winter, sitting in our basement, but so far just leaves no flowers.

Well it is a brilliant red very nice, like the others too

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, that red lily is gorgeous!!! If you ever come upon the name again, post it so we can see about getting one. I have one tropical now, so what difference if I get another one. :) And, your pond looks VERY clear, I can see the bottom, and I'm sure you can as well, so that's all that matters. The fish are now visible again ... Great news!

Reaction score
I can absolutely get the name for you since we only have one actual pond place anywhere around us so we go there when we need something. I'll post when I find out what it is. Yep..can see the bottom and my fish..very happy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You have some really wide spreading lilies and i agree the red is nice ,but i also like the ones in the second pic .

Ask a Question