OK here we go. Pond started

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
This is a link to the planning stages (different forum):

http://www.thepondforum.com/showthread.php?1066-planning-another-pond

Otherwise, started digging yesterday morn and about to get at it again this morn. The weather is outstanding here this week so I am digging, digging. The dogs aren't helping and tomorrow the grand boys, 4 & 2 probably won't help much either :lol: Will keep pics posted.

Ok...can't get pics to load. Haven't had trouble before, so don't know what I am doing wrong this time.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
mine do that off and on, finally just do photo bucket here. easier and quicker.

nice dig going

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
Still working, just cant get my photos to post. :lol: Photobucket won't let me join. They say I am not eligible! :lol: Have all the plumbing and carpet for the under liner, just waiting for the liner. Should be next week.

Reaction score
Not eligable? idk about that but i started a new stream off to the side all by myself so its taking me awhile so ill post photos maybe tomorrow but idk im going kyacking (getting some FREE pond plants) so maybe the next day.

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
j.w said:
What? Why do they say you are not eligible?
Not sure, I had my birthdate wrong when I first filled out the application and maybe that is it. I'll try a new thread, maybe that will work. I did contact photobucket and they just keep saying I'm ineligible.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Here is what I do for pics.

Right click on the pic your want.
Left click on resize picture.
Left click Advanced.
Adjust to custom size of 650 x350.
Left click ok.
Select resized pic.
Attach file.

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
koidaddy said:
Here is what I do for pics.

Right click on the pic your want.
Left click on resize picture.
Left click Advanced.
Adjust to custom size of 650 x350.
Left click ok.
Select resized pic.
Attach file.

MAC doesn't work like that and my photos are in iphoto, so I have to get with my kids to help me. Will try photobucket since one of our sons got me registered today.

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally! Here is the dug out pond. About 5000 gal with 16' stream. We have the bottom drain in but no pics yet. Will get that in the morning. Will be working on the plumbing and all the DIY filters and such. We will have 2 settling chambers from the BD and back to the pond through TPR's and from the skimmer to a Sand and Gravel filter in a 55 gal barrel and bio-filter from a 100 gal stock tank. phew!!

Attachments

• IMG_0619.jpg
    IMG_0619.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 297

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good job and you are going all out w/ all the added equipment to make your pondering life much easier now that you have raked yourselves over the coals getting there :cool:

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is where we are so far: got the bottom drain and the return TPR's, got the skimmer and the pond leveled. I guess that is all. Seemed like more when I was out working:dunno: The stairs look kinda scary!!!Can't wait to get them moved, as they are a pain to work around.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 328

pond maven

Deede
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here we are getting closer. Putting in the settlement chambers. My motto in life is: "Nothing is easy!" no matter how easy it may seem. So for those of you who either can't follow directions or think they know better...GooGone works great to get PL Flashing sealant off skin!

The PL doesn't stick well to the barrels but still seems to seal great. Hope it is OK?

This pic is the 2" line for the bottom drain for the settlement chambers and the pit for them. Notice how dry the ground is? The night we got the barrels in the pit, it RAINED and we had inadvertently diverted the rain gutter drain into the pit, so this morning there was 2ft of water in the pit. Yea!!! Got it pumped out and got the barrels all finished and set again and covered before it rained again.

Got the stock tank plumbed and hopefully will get the rest of the plumbing done and ready to test for water-tightness when we put the liner and underliner in on Tuesday/Wednesday

Attachments

• IMG_0659.jpg
    IMG_0659.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 333

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
pond maven said:
Here is where we are so far: got the bottom drain and the return TPR's, got the skimmer and the pond leveled. I guess that is all. Seemed like more when I was out working:dunno: The stairs look kinda scary!!!Can't wait to get them moved, as they are a pain to work around.

I was thinking you could build a bridge from the base of the stairs to the other side of the pond.

Looking good.

Ask a Question