sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze jw that size would blow your fish out of the pond .My hoses total length of each is just over 8 ft long and and each water fall is just over 2 ft up and did the calculation and got it right this time pond is just over 6000 gallons and one filter lava rock is 60 gallons and other one is 40 gallons .So my pond has the made up diverter I made and still has plenty for that .You could go with the same size or smaller pump and if you want ebay it is cheaper or FB15

gives you 15 % off if you like them on facebook .darn puter .I move my filter back and forth also .The 4200 gph webbs just told me may have been way to big for what I wanted .I was just on with them .You can call there toll free number and they will guide you to the best pump .But have to tell you this one is strong .They are glad I am happy with my pump ,happy customers me return customers

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh and that diverter pipe with the 1/4 inch holes hose is 10 feet long but is a rubber hose that is 1 inch inside opening.you could probably use the 2400 gph

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
webbs just contacted me about the 15 % off and just add it to there cart at the end but not valid on ebay .I am going to buy the 600 gph pump with the free aerator and the silicon lubricant for the pump impellor 89 dollars for pump

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is a learning curve to that quick connect 2 times I did not get it on right and it popped off when I plugged the pump in ,I guess because my hands were so cold I could not tell when it clicked on .3rd time was a charm .Checked and it is still using 106 watts

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well thanks again and I don't want to blast my fish out of the water,lol! I was thinking it would be too big and was also thinking I could use both pumps if I wanted. Use one for the waterfall and one to do the filter. Won't save any power doing that but oh well it's only money right?
Thing is the water coming out of the one pump not attached to the waterfall might really be blasting water down there from the outlet. Is that when you add a diverter tube of some sort to make the flow less powerful?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If I did not have the diverter on there it over flows both filters I just went down and plugged the diverter up and 2 minutes later water was already running over the top of the filters .The 600 gph one I am going to use with the 300 gallon stock tank .I added the diverter when I go from 2 pumps to one .In the winter I just run one pump and both pumps have there own hoses they do not share hoses.In the summer I have 1 pump that goes to each filter and 1 pumps extra water goes to the 60 gallon tanks water fall and the other pumps water goes into a hose in that just sits in the pond .I don't want a lot of water going into my filters during the winter .Filter 1 and 2 's water is 2 inches from the top of the tanks .Filter 1 first filter 2 second pic

Attachments

• pond pump 064.JPG
    pond pump 064.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 263
  • pond pump 043.JPG
    pond pump 043.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 260
  • pond pump 063.JPG
    pond pump 063.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 252
  • pond pump 044.JPG
    pond pump 044.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 194
  • pond pump 058.JPG
    pond pump 058.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 227

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
See I only have the prefilter one hooked up to the intake of the pump and water goes to the waterfall to spill out. If I put an extra pump w/nowhere to go but straight into the pond it will create an enormous swoosh of water coming right out of the out take of the pump w/ nowhere else to go unless I send it somewhere to calm it down somehow. Don't need another filter as the big double prefilter thing does a great job. So what can I do to calm the water that is coming out of the extra pump?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you a buy another pump that is more energy efficient then you don't use your old pump .It all comes down to money and the electric bill .If I look at my pumps the hf one uses 165 watts and the new one 106 and the energy savings were enough to convince me .If you just use the in pond filter you could probably even use a a smaller pump .It all depends on how many watts of power your old pump is using now .I got the watt tester so I could best understand how many watts .plus it has a 4 year was also what sold me

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could go with an even smaller pump maybe the 2000 gph .The webbs people are great at figuring it out for you .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my hf pump is new but when I went online to my electric company and put the watts it uses it saves me 11 dollars a month

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
WOMEN! Let's see if I can get a word in edge-wise here. Sissy; the plastic 'screws' holding the cage together on your new pump are NOT screws at all, they are not threaded, and please do NOT try to unscrew them. To open the cage, take a slot screwdriver, put it into the slot on the 'screw' thingy, push the thingy down, and give it 1/4 of a turn to the left (counter-clockwise). When you release the thingy, it will pop up, and release its hold on the cage. To put it back together, just do everything in reverse (turn it 1/4 turn clockwise).
j.w.; the head height for your waterfall is 3 1/2'. You measure from the SURFACE of the pond, not the bottom or pump location. This is because your pump only has to push water above the pond, as the water flows up to that level all by itself! Did I explain that right?
OK, ladies, you can go back to your conversation!
John

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha ha Haro yes I did figure that part out about the head after I posted from the bottom. Looked online and found a site that explained it. Thanks for your input. I've learned that I don't need a huge pump of 4200 gph and am thinking I'm better off sticking w/ the 2400 gph or 2900 however it comes. Thinking that the huge one would pull too much water through my prefiter too fast and blast the water over the falls. I may just wait on a new pump till my pondmaster gives up the ghost if it ever does. I've had it since 2001 and it seems to be going strong.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
my new one was OK to but when I looked at cost of electric,that made my mind up to go for it and with the 15 percent off why not .Thank you Haro about the screw things .I have not really had a chance to look at the book .Had to go over to my sisters she lost her house keys and I kept telling her to hide them outside somewhere and does she listen no .I had her spare keys LUCKY ME .If I figure the hf one at 175 and the other pump says 145 I am saving a lot of money with 2 of these pumps .I ordered the smaller one and that uses less wattage .I think it said 80 watts .So 2 new pumps equal 186 watts old ones 320 watts .I will win on my electric bill

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep you win and maybe me someday soon too. I just have to make up my mind.

Ask a Question