remembering winter and are you prepared

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hubby's just about out then! He's got all but one tube left, the feeding tube, as soon as he can swallow good they all let him out. Hopefully that's by Wednesday!

Not all ready yet for winter, still got stuff I need to get out, like the roots of my dalila's and some potatoes. Going to get them out tomorrow, then I have to rescue the callas, and then rescue my hubby from Calgary Hospital!! :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is good news Colleen! glad to hear he will be home soon.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Glad to hear colleen and now he will have to watch he does not get any colds or flu and may be best getting some of the anti bacterial hand sanitizers .My son is out of the hospital and his white blood count came back up but they still have no clue what happened .He was pretty bad for 5 days and had me worried sick .They were giving him blood thinners for blood clots and had his leg up and had him sedated heavily and he did not know any one and had me really scared .I just wish they knew what happened and why .He will be on bed rest at home for awhile .His girlfriend is nurse practiner ,so I left him in good hands .She will keep me updated .I am just glad so far he is OK and I am back home .Doggies missed me but all the presents I brought them back made up for that .spoiled brats :razz:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hopefully they can get to the bottom of what caused his blood poisoning, but not to worry, sometimes they never find out for sure what happened, as long as he is better and stays better, that's all that really matters. When I got bit four years ago by a spider I got the streptococcal blood poisoning, the same that causes the flesh eating disease, my white blood cell count was extremely high, probably why I got well so quick and ran out of that hospital in five days, doctor couldn't understand for sure why or how I got better so quick, I think it was my superior diet high in saturated fat, (I eat lots of coconut oil), still do, large amounts each day in my coffee, I believe coconut oil is why I recovered so quick, Sissy you will have to look into Coconut oil, you can buy it at heath food stores and some supermarkets in the "natural organic sections". While the doctors tell you coconut oil is bad, they give it to you in the Supplemental Nutritional IV bags, (ask his nurse to read the back of those IV bags and you will see it is in there) cause it's the only oil you can directly inject into your blood stream cause it's almost identical to your blood plasma. Most people don't know this but coconuts are NOT a nut, they are the worlds largest known seed, and it is almost impossible to be allergic to coconut oil!

My hubby never listened to me and hated the coconut oil and hated vegs, now he is changing his ways, I'm going to make him fresh vegetable juice everyday when he gets home and slip the coconut oil into the soups. You can't force people to eat better, they have to want it, and now he wants to try which makes me happy.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Colleen glad to hear John will be coming home soon, maybe even tomorrow!

Sissy glad your son is getting well also. Would be hard not knowing why it happened.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just hope it does not happen again and scared me when he was talking in his deep sleep to his Aunt Margie ,he was very close to her before she died and his girlfriend did not know who Margie was and I told her and she I guess thought it was another women because of the way he was mumbling about her before I got there and explained it .I am sure hoping your hubby listens to you colleen as it could be a big shock to him at first .But what choice does he have with you watching over him :razz: Glad he is getting better .I have always loved coconut myself but did not know the benefits of it .Maybe have to add coconut oil to my shopping list .I love coconut shavings and coconut milk on rice with cinnamon .Yummy great desert .I have been eating that since I was a kid ,my mom used to make it and add fresh home grown strawberris to it .yummy good ,darn now I have to make some made me want it now :razz: :razz:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I like coconut rice too, and coconut everything! Sissy your giving some new and exciting ideas for "must try" coconut deserts :)
Fish outside were moving around little more than usual yesterday, must have been because I was moving things around the pond, fish must have missed me! Going to take pictures right now with this tablet that I typing on.... live from home...

Attachments

• 1349883103690.jpg
    1349883103690.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 1349883178054.jpg
    1349883178054.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 1349883317450.jpg
    1349883317450.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 1349883384356.jpg
    1349883384356.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 1349883444406.jpg
    1349883444406.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 1349883533999.jpg
    1349883533999.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 1349883589422.jpg
    1349883589422.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 1349883647519.jpg
    1349883647519.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 1349883799929.jpg
    1349883799929.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 223

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad both you and sissy are getting good news on your loved ones.
Nice pictures there colleen!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love your cheery pix Colleen! They make me smile :razz:
They sell coconut oil at Costco now and I've never tried it. Guess you use it like you would any oil for cooking?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
They sell Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut oil, 860ml for 17 dollars at the Superstore, that's the stuff I use, works great for popping popcorn too!

Winter is coming... snowing right now, but it should all melt by morning.

Attachments

• IMAG1687-1.jpg
    IMAG1687-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 185

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Walmart here sells it also and I like coconut milk too .Gosh not looking forward to winter and seems I like it less with each year I get older .BRRRRR You really have to go through a lot to protect everything colleeen .

Reaction score
Walmart here sells it also and I like coconut milk too .Gosh not looking forward to winter and seems I like it less with each year I get older .BRRRRR You really have to go through a lot to protect everything colleeen .

I use to love the four seasons but like sissy said the older I get the less I like winter!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thank yoy fishy and yep winters get hard on the bones as you get older ,but did not want warm all year round .That is why I picked VA lower taxes and still a change in seasons and 15 minutes from NC so I can still go there but not be in the eye of storms here most times the mountains protect us from bad weather .Takes me only an hour to get to Greensboro NC .But still don't want to do yard work year round ,I don't mind riding the lawnmower but trimming the edges is the pits .Funny thing is here I have 3 acres and taxes a 1000 dollars a year and other house has almost 12 acres and only 356 dollars a year and they are both in Pittsylvania county .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I sill get excited about snow, shoveled the sidewalk at 6 this morning but got to shovel again won't quit snowing! The fresh snow looks nice, and freshens the air. The dry dust gets to me and makes my asthma worse, plus I'm always hot, eat too many hot peppers, that and those darn "hot flashes", I swear sometimes I could sleep in the snow!! Ha ha ha, got older too today!!

Ask a Question