Rocks Rocks Rocks!

Reaction score
I love this thread and plan to keep my eye on it to see other rocks! It was raining all day in Kalamazoo Michigan and I couldn't work on my pond. I considered house work but then realized it was the perfect time to get pics of some rocks for this thread! I love doing what seems crazy to others these days. I am one of a kind in my neighborhood!

Reaction score
I think a lot of us here would fit into that grand theft classification. I took that rock that kinda looks like a heart and stuck it into my pond edge yesterday. I had a big gap so needed just the right size and shape to fit into that spot. It does kinda look like a heart now that I dug it up and placed it in it's new spot. I still say however it is not the same rock I found while out walking that someone snagged from my saving spot on the road. Funny how we take pix of our rocks like they were pix of our children :)

View attachment 71156
View attachment 71157
Some rocks are just a perfect fit! I looks like it was made for that spot!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes it was a perfect fit! The rock that was originally there got pushed into the pond by the growing Yellow Flag plant and so I pulled that rock out long ago from the bottom of the pond. Never put it back cuz the plant was hogging the spot. I needed to pull that plant out and finally did and moved it to another area in the pond to free float. Voila the new rock :)

Reaction score
Lisa, you have PUDDINGSTONE!
John

John

John
Yes I found them in a farmers HUGE rock pile in upper Michigan. I couldn't believe the huge dark one! That's the biggest rock I've hauled home to date. I have always collected rocks, even as a youngster I would sit in our driveway and pick out Indian beads! Wish I had my collection from those days!

I'd tell ya all where my secret pile is but then I'd have kill ya all!!! Joking, I'm not really gonna tell ya

Reaction score
My secret rock pile, and its alllllll FREE!!!! Michigans best. Lots of great memories made here with family and friends. That is my 13 year old Caleb. I got my dragon eggs rocks from here along with my puddingstones. We have driven home with rocks piled around us!!! Thank God we didn't get in an accident. I now make sure to use a truck bed for my hauling.

IMG_20140516_202134 (1).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Nice rocks lisa! Very pretty! Wow thats a humungous pile of rocks. How awsome you can help yourself and all for free!
I found most of my rocks in the surrounding farm fields. Dont find any pudding rocks though! Still plenty around if I want to go and get some but I already have a pile I need to use. Still enjoy looking for them though. Now I need to take up searching for some driftwood! Don't know where I'm going to find that!

Reaction score
Nice rocks lisa! Very pretty! Wow thats a humungous pile of rocks. How awsome you can help yourself and all for free!
I found most of my rocks in the surrounding farm fields. Dont find any pudding rocks though! Still plenty around if I want to go and get some but I already have a pile I need to use. Still enjoy looking for them though. Now I need to take up searching for some driftwood! Don't know where I'm going to find that!
Take a drift wood vacation to Michigan this summer! There are many campgrounds along the lake if your that type. If not there are beautiful Bed and Breakfasts also!~

Ask a Question