Rocks Rocks Rocks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I as able to get more flat rocks yesterday. About 40 plus stones in total but here is the largest one of all 4.5ft x 6ft. They will be for our main walkway to our door which is now brick. This will most likely not happen until late fall. Work is to busy now. However the price was right, $100.00 for all of them (y)

IMG_3133.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh many if I could find some nice flat rocks like that for a good price I would change all mine around the top edge.

Reaction score
I'm happy to hear you guys do this and it's not just my weird thing! For years I've brought home rocks, slate or whatever caught my eye. When I moved and my husband found out I was bringing my rocks with me..... Not too happy lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I can just envision seeing him when you said that :LOL:
They think we are sick and addicted and just can't help ourselves and we are but we sure aren't changin for no one

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I collected every rock I dug up, thought I hit the mother load..............well found out it is what I call mush rock, in one year it becomes dirt.

That pretty reddish rock, was placed there last summer. It is now a pile of rocky dirt, totally falls apart. It was a nice 10 inch rock, no more....... The white rocks are found now and then during digging, they are quartz, but usually just small pieces found.
DSC07013.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As I dug I found tons of those rocks, very carefully sorted them out thinking I was saving bucks...............yeah right, just making dirt.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Scadloads of useless crap.................good thing you didn't get your whole pond lined w/ all of it................that would have been disastrous to say the least.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have hauled about another ton of rock the last two weeks. I redid the garden area and needed it for a pathway. Every year I say that I am finished hauling rock yet somehow I always end up with at least another truck load of them.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol next time we go up to penna, we will be hauling a load of rocks back. I need to replace the mush rock I put around the stock tank. I knew it would disappear into dirt, but needed something on a temp basis. After this winter most of it disappeared.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'd like to take a run over to the sound here and pick up a nice bunch of big colorful beach rocks to bring home. Maybe get the hubby involved w/ big truck and his muscles :D

Reaction score
Hi my name is Liz and I hoard rocks.

That's right, I have a problem. If I see a cool rock, it must come home with me.

I think I am in good company here with others who may have the same disease. :)

We took a trip out to our property a few weeks ago and I came home with some beauties! They are very different from the mostly brittle rocks I have found in the mountains and desert around here. They are very dense and despite their appearance have an almost glass smooth finish.
View attachment 67721 View attachment 67722 View attachment 67723 View attachment 67724 View attachment 67725 View attachment 67726
Hello my name is LISA and I'm a rockaholic!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
One can never have too many rocks :rolleyes:
Ok I admit I am sick over rocks and there is no cure.................except more rocks, rocks and more rocks :jawdrop:
IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5804.JPG

IMG_5805.JPG

Ask a Question