The hole in my backyard

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Wow! What a change from your first pictures. Where did you get your concrete edging? I really like it, great for sitting and listening to the water.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I was trying to envision the top wall section of the bog, should I put rocks, pavers, or potted plants.... I have decided on this... Now to figure out how to get him to stay there. Sorry it's a little blurry, it was taken from inside this morning.

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 198
Reaction score
sometimes i think i am putting a pond with a slate bridge in just to give my cats new places to sit and be entertained!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
LOL, I understand completely. This pond is turning into his new entertainment station. I don't know what I'm going to do when the bog goes in and the birds come to bathe. It's going to be a blood bath. :/

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had frogs watching my build, they were under the liner as I was building it had to keep removing them. Cute cats

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yeah I had the same thing. Had to check every time I unrolled the liner to cut or shape it so I didn't trap any of them. Steve said he saw a big one this morning, softball size.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Not a problem. I haven't spent the time by the pond that I normally do so haven't given much thought to redoing the edges or the potential bog build . We started remodeling the kitchen so the fish get fed and the skimmer cleaned and not much else. I fogot what a mess remodeling is.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not a problem. I haven't spent the time by the pond that I normally do so haven't given much thought to redoing the edges or the potential bog build . We started remodeling the kitchen so the fish get fed and the skimmer cleaned and not much else. I fogot what a mess remodeling is.

lol we did two rental refurbs this summer, it is a mess and always takes a lot longer than you think. My poor yard and pond have been totally on their own, luckily the pond takes no care from me to keep functioning beautifully.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Don't forget scope creep. The project always creeps beyond what you thought which adds material and appliance cost. I am 58 and getting my first ever dishwasher.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Don't forget scope creep. The project always creeps beyond what you thought which adds material and appliance cost. I am 58 and getting my first ever dishwasher.
Yeah we look around and next thing you know we are updating / fixing things that were not even on the list to be taken care of. And on and on it goes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
lol, you got that right. The 3 foot of wall i wanted to remove turned into 9, which turned into steel beam, which turned into....... Well, you get the idea. Good thing is I will be able see the pond from anywhere in the kitchen once the spruce tree is trimmed.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
A few pictures from this morning. Still lots to do but it is coming along. And I don't know why when I post pictures from my phone it flips them bit since I don't know how to fix it, enjoy a good neck stretch this morning.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 196

Ask a Question