What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking good Pecan, I have things trying to grow, but at a warm 16 they keep getting set back.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We we froze again :mad: Here is the pond today. Today seems like the end of the really cold temps. I am starting to see a little plant life here and there, nothing to major yet.

IMG_2980.JPG

IMG_2979.JPG

Here is a picture from the start of the stream
IMG_2984.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The pond froze a little this am, water plants budding a little here and there. Lilies just waiting for it to get warm before they take off.

But under water the pond looks great! This is the view in the 5 foot section, looking towards the bog wall and water fall around 15 feet away. The lily pots to the left are around 25 feet away from the camera.

Capture1.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
IMG_6574.jpg

Its looking great. I'm ready to see plants start growing now. With the daytime temps supposed to be in the 40's all week, I'm considering putting the pump back in soon. but I'm also considering whether or not I'll be making changes to the pond. If I do, I wont worry about putting a pump in right now.

Also, that log on the far left I just pulled out of the burning pit recently.(we share a huge pit with our neighbor) It looked too cool to pass up. I'm hoping to incorporate it somehow

Ask a Question