What does your pond look like ... Today?

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's so nice here again today, I even fed the fish very lightly. I had the same thoughts as you as far as starting up my filter. I'm still undecided but leaning towards starting it up.....

Your fish were swimming about Maria? It was gorgeous outside today, but my fish are still not very active. I'm not sure if they all made it through the winter yet. Haven't seen them all. Fingers crossed!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
There's life in my pond! Seen a few fish peeking out along the edges today where the ice has melted. Still about 4" thick everywhere else. I was honestly expecting to see a frog or two, but none today. Hopefully everything will turn out alive once the ice is gone. Now back to Winter we go...
IMG_6175 copy.jpg

IMG_6178 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Your fish were swimming about Maria? It was gorgeous outside today, but my fish are still not very active. I'm not sure if they all made it through the winter yet. Haven't seen them all. Fingers crossed!

Yes, Fish are out and about and looking for food. Everyone is accounted for which is a relief. I didn't start my filter today after all. I checked the weather forecast and we are still going to have some pretty cold nights in the teens. Don't want to have problems with freezing.

I hope your fish are okay and out to greet you soon!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
and bonus it cleans and the fish love it .But then the tadpoles come and I end up with a bare liner again

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
My ice layer is only 2" thick now, and I spotted my three biggest fish today along with two others. Such a shame we're getting 6+ inches of snow tomorrow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
The ice melted in the lotus tank. My plant filter is growing great. The aracharnis is growing beautifully.View attachment 89534
Looks like it is mostly hornwort, no? I think I wanna try some this year. Your pond always amazes me at how early/fast your plants grow!

A bit more snow around the pond but been ice free for weeks! Water temp is mid 50s. Fish have been active the past week and all accounted for!
IMG_2078.jpg

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
and all accounted for!

That is always good news! I always look forward to doing the first head count after the ice melts. My fish haven't been real active yet, but I think I have seen most of them. Waiting until next week when we will be in the 60's - I am sure I will see them all then!

Ask a Question