What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
wet and cool but pretty
Capture.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I found this very cool log in the burning pit I share with my neighbor. The shape and size is nice, but what I like most is that it's completely hollow! I'm not sure if I'm going to put it by my pond or in my native garden, but it's definitely a great addition to my habitats.

IMG_7161 copy.jpg

IMG_7160 copy.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You know you mention log and I noticed living waterscapes in NC is now selling stumps

Ben

Living in Carolina country!
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here are my two small garden ponds and my whiskey barrel by the front door. I had 11 bull frogs by the two ponds yesterday and love was in the air! Lot's of croaking going on!

Attachments

• pond 3.JPG
    pond 3.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 207
  • pond 1.JPG
    pond 1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 195
  • pond 2.JPG
    pond 2.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 150
  • pond 4.JPG
    pond 4.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 204

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Cottontail rabbits have gobbled all of our Japanese painted ferns down to nubs. :unsure: We have five other fern varieties untouched - they only target these fragile beauties:
image.jpeg
This species is native to China. Maybe rabbits prefer Chinese food...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the colors of that plant.The flies are biting so bad outside I could not stand working out there .They just kept landing on me ,even dogs could not take them .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Cottontail rabbits have gobbled all of our Japanese painted ferns down to nubs. :unsure: We have five other fern varieties untouched - they only target these fragile beauties:View attachment 90693This species is native to China. Maybe rabbits prefer Chinese food...

Very weird, I've never had them eat my Japanese Painted Ferns. Speaking of which, mine are just starting to unfold. My native ferns haven't popped up yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Another rainy day here. I love it and will take all the rain we can get. We have a lot of growth and blooms this spring.

Mother nature is waking up and she is happy.

Big Pond
View attachment 90559 View attachment 90563 View attachment 90570 View attachment 90572 View attachment 90573 View attachment 90565

The hostas in the bog above the falls are doing great this year thanks to the willow and the shade it provides.

Little Pond
View attachment 90560 View attachment 90567 View attachment 90568

I planted some Siberian Iris in the big bog this year. I am hoping they can handle our summer heat.
View attachment 90562

I have the lily pot ready to go in the small pond for our tropical lily. Last year I put it in the big pond and koi almost killed it. This year I am trying the little pond as I don't think the little shubunkins will bother it. I made a stand for it to get it at the perfect water level. I will put the lily in as soon as the temps start warming again.
View attachment 90561

Here is the bed behind the big ponds waterfall and filters with Carlos our little photo bomber.
View attachment 90569

I have a cactus bed that does great here in our natural soil. This year I added a sun and lizard to the wall behind it. :)
View attachment 90571

And here is our Prairie Fire Crab Apple in bloom and our light pink lilac, I love the smell.
View attachment 90564 View attachment 90566

Pecan, Beautiful! I didn't know we can put hostas in the bog! well, mine is full sun so might be too much for them..

Anyway, what's the plant with yellow/green that looks like iris leafs? it's beautiful.

Ask a Question