What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Aww thanks! Can u believe those were bare roots I bought from walmart 4 years ago? Lol. I love those bleeding hearts. Every year they pop up with a different growth pattern. Like Forrest Gump would say, "They are like a box of chocolates. You never know what ur gonna get." Lol!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I tried growing them here but deer find them a tasty treat .I brought a couple of plants from my house in NJ:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
That poor guy got very beat up this year tho, I accidentally crushed him early cleaning out pine needles then he got further abused when putting in the pond. im sure next year he will be happier left unbruised (if I get out earlier to clean...lol)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well the trees are dropping buds and junk all over the place. Next will be the helicopters then I can take the heavy duty net off the pond. Spent a few hours yesterday netting junk out of the pond and doing a water change. Decided to put the better net over it so as to keep some of the stuff out of the water.

0514161635a.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought I would share after 5 years my filter cleaning nozzle for my hose .I broke the old one so went to lowes to buy 2 new ones at 2.98 a piece .Last pic is my broken one .I did a boo boo and rain over it with the lawn tractor and tire broke off the turner

Attachments

• 100_6938.JPG
    100_6938.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_6940.JPG
    100_6940.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 100_6941.JPG
    100_6941.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 105

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It was just the knob and screw and was hoping to fix it .I had put it one the chair after taking it off the hose and it must have committed suicide and jumped under the tire .;)I will swear to the end I did not do it .

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Had an algae bloom yesterday! Ever since the heavy rains last weekend the ponds been a little cloudy but yesterday it was putrid! Started to worry and wonder what I should do without doing a water change. Got my trusty pond dye out in the afternoon and by evening could see it clearing up. Now at 8am it looks ok, a little dark from the dye but clear.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Awful, after the crazy pine pollen storms this week, we got a rainstorm. Guess where all the pollen landed from the roof? Filter clears the water up fairly quickly.
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Had an algae bloom yesterday! Ever since the heavy rains last weekend the ponds been a little cloudy but yesterday it was putrid! Started to worry and wonder what I should do without doing a water change. Got my trusty pond dye out in the afternoon and by evening could see it clearing up. Now at 8am it looks ok, a little dark from the dye but clear.

What is the pond dye used for?

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
What is the pond dye used for?
Reduces the amount of sunlight thru the water, here's a fresh pic, you can see the clarity at the rocks on the waterline.
006.JPG
I've heard it's actually an ink. It dissipates after two weeks. Heavy rain followed by near record temps caused this, it's the first time I've seen it happen in my pond.

peter hillman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Awful, after the crazy pine pollen storms this week, we got a rainstorm. Guess where all the pollen landed from the roof? Filter clears the water up fairly quickly.View attachment 91038
I've got pine pollen also, just not so much in the water! I don't think I could live with my pond being assaulted like that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Believe it or not, its back to clear already, a couple times over. But my pond is very small and the filter is overkill for its size. If it wasnt for the hornwort collecting the pollen (which I have to swish out every once in a while) it was really only a very temp issue. The pic I took before was yesterday. Here is today. It did worry me a bit though at first, lol.
image.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
had a barley ball and barley bale and for the buck you are better off with liquid barley .The other just becomes slimy and messy

Ask a Question