What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Terrible, about to pull it out and reset it. Heres before, ...all naked, no rock hiding the ugly liner...just a model with no makeup! Hoping to fix that! It needs a good boob job! Lol!
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Hot pink rhododendron in bloom today.View attachment 90968View attachment 90969
Your rhodes are lovely! My inlaws have a full rhod garden. I should take some snap shots of it. I bet you would love it. Well, my pond is done, hopefully for years to come, yes, preform and all. Within an hour my fatty fantail was laying eggs again. And my blackie was chasing her all over.
image.jpeg

Heres the new pond. i hope it looks nice. Weirdly I cant post screen shots of the video I took of both of them, it says the file is too large. Oh well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Oh btw, see the snake in previous pic? When I pulled up the pond to set it a little deeper, guess who was happily sleeping under the liner? Lol! He was not happy I disturbed him and took quite a bit of coaxing for him to get out of the way so I could finish digging. If he continues to stick around, I may just have to name him! Lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The finished pond picture? to be honest nope don't see it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Haha! He was mad I booted him. I had to go into my garage for another bucket and when I came back, he was in the pond hole. After I had tried to shoo him with the shovel. I had to try to shoo him off again. He was not having me ruin his perfect life! Hahaha! Only after I started digging did he realize he could not settle back down on the cool damp dirt and finally wandered off. He was a spitfire! I hope he stays around. Even if I have to sacrifice a fish once in a while for him (when he gets bigger).

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I find snakes now and then mainly in the yard, so far just one in the pond. Beautiful 5-6 foot black snakes rat snakes, garter snakes and unknown snakes

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Thats alot of snakes! When I get a rattler in my yard, I will worry a bit. All I have are these little garters and Im good with those. I dive my hands in my plants all the time and even scared a snake I didnt even know was there. I just hope the poisonous variety stays away.

Ask a Question