What does your pond look like ... Today?

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
One trick you can try in order to determine if your sunglasses are polarized is to hold them up to your computer screen and rotate the glasses. At some point during the rotation, you won't be able to see the screen because a lot of computer screens are polarized as well.
Here's a video to show what I'm talking about:
Or..If your motorcycle helmet has a polarized visor AND you're wearing polarized sunglasses:cool:(n)

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
The way these guys act about blood worms makes me curious for a taste. No, they stink. The big fish could've and still can gulp down the smaller ones but don't, they're a schooling fish and like the company. OH + LOOK I got some algae!!
012.jpg
013.jpg
018.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I tried using my sunglasses, but it wasn't too easy with an iPhone [could have used a 3rd hand]. Maybe the camera would work better. I took a series of pics, but was trying to get shots to show the water's clarity. To be honest, I took them in an order: always without the lens first, and another with the lens. But when I looked at the pics, I couldn't remember if THAT was the order or if I did it just the opposite. I'll move those pics over and you guys can decided.

But what I didn't get was "glare" pictures -- I wasn't thinking when I did it. So will have to go try again.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Mmathis your pond is being overtaken with alligators! :)
At least there have not been any GBH sightings, LOL! And the gators are kinda fun to move around every few days. I had a great photo-op the other day, but sadly, no camera at the time. Two GF were trying to get at a bit of food that had floated into a gator mouth. In doing so, they were actually pushing the gator along in the water. It was interesting to watch them!

Nice to see all your beautiful goldies, TurtleMommy!
Thank you! I wish I could get some good pics of a few individuals, but they move around too much.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Mmathis All the shots look good but noticed the polarized one of the lily makes the photo kind of yellowish. I haven't tried it yet w/mine. I will go try right now.............hold on...............ok the first one is w/polarized lens held up in front of camera lens and 2nd is w/o. Not a sunny day today tho so maybe not a fair trial.
Actually I think the 1st shot w/polarized lens looks better. The colors seem brighter.

IMG_7591.JPG

IMG_7592.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
With the polarized you can see into the water better. I always wear sunglasses when working on the pond. Really helps.

The big pond is angry!

10 foot high waves.

n.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I always loved the foam a storm kicks up on the beach .Only thing is Atlantic City's foam had a bad smell to it .But storms there meant afterward there were great finds on the beach .I found my best treasures there after storms .

Ask a Question