What does your pond look like ... Today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well today the high was 70....pond temperature 63.....Tonight low 27....high tomorrow 40.....by Saturday supposed to be back to 70....unfortunately we here in West Tennessee get a little nervous when we have temperature swings like this.....in the past 15 years we have had three bad Tornado's all three were in February and March

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
14" of fresh snow, day before completely ice free, still up and running. The tracks behind the pond in the center are from deer.

pond.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sun out again but sheesh only 28f. Better get moving if it's going to be up past 50 today.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It was around 80 F over the weekend so I went pond dipping and prune my water lilies. I got a HUGE roots ball so I basically just cut all the roots out and start over. I hope I didn't kill my water lilies!

The pond is now look to be a bit bigger with the roots gone (roots ball were about 5-10 inches thick!) Clean all the leaves.... but then the wind pick up and the leaves on the ground went in again... hur....

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It was around 80 F over the weekend so I went pond dipping and prune my water lilies. I got a HUGE roots ball so I basically just cut all the roots out and start over. I hope I didn't kill my water lilies!

The pond is now look to be a bit bigger with the roots gone (roots ball were about 5-10 inches thick!) Clean all the leaves.... but then the wind pick up and the leaves on the ground went in again... hur....
Wow, 80 degrees! We won't see temps like that until June or July.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The other night it was 70 degrees and now 60's and next week 70's and pond water is at 52 degrees and bottom is 54 or 56 degrees can't see it good .I have to clean the cover off better

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well, folks, I just came in from pulling some snow off the roof. Seems we're going to get another 8-12" of sleet, snow, and rain overnight. In the last ten days we've accumulated an excess of 61". Last Monday alone we got 18" in our area. I'm not whining, I'd rather deal with this than the tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods some of you get. At least we can hunker down for a day or two and have everything we started out with in the end.
Here's a couple photo's from the last storm..........
DSC03250.JPG
This is Buddy. I snowblow a path for him to go uh, well, you know, take care of business.
DSC03256.JPG
Snow waves?
DSC03257.JPG
Closer view of the "waves".
DSC03259.JPG
Underneath all this is the pond, the dock, the bog, and maybe even a few fish. I have a surface heater that is keeping the ice open for about an 18" diameter, but right now it's in a "snow stovepipe hole" about 24" down from the surface of the snow. The only reason I know it's still working is at night the red LED shows the slightest pink tinge on the top of the hole.
DSC03260.JPG
This image is looking back just the opposite from my Avatar picture.

Ask a Question