What does your pond look like ... Today?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish it would come here for a little while. Hey @Timothy what is that building w/the waves? It is quite a cool piece of artwork. Do you let plants climb up it in the Summer?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hi JW, The structure is "Frog's Neck Inn" in the summertime. I take the canvass tarp "roof" off in the winter because of snow loads and the wind. Just to the right out of the photo is the "Sky Bog" structure and there's stuff growing from the bottom up and top down on that. I think by middle-late summer this year it's going to be kinda pretty with all the greenery.
DSC02369.JPG
This is under the "Sky Bogs" last spring.
DSC02459.JPG
This was early summer. By middle summer I had to cull the bogs. (They are on the left and right sides of the structure on the "roof")
DSC01219.JPG
The view from the back side.
DSC01180.JPG
What things are supposed to look like early in the morning with the first coffee.
DSC01188.JPG
The "Inn" with the "roof".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh boy I do love that place of yours @Timothy :love:
I bet you live out there in the good weather!

Thank you! I do spend a lot of time out there. I also build model radio controlled boats, and needed a place to test them. Having to appease my wife, I thought I'd make my "Small Boat Test Facility" as appealing as I could so she would overlook the test facility aspect.
So far it's working!:)
In keeping with the thread, here's what the pond looks like today. (Much the same as yesterday, only 5 more inches of snow....)
DSC03274.JPG

Here's a couple photo's of my "fantasy" village. We call it "RSC" "River Supply Company"
DSC02957.JPG
"Stuff" on deck.
DSC02930.JPG
On a mission.
DSC01899.JPG
The dock/office.
IMG_0815.JPG
Late in the afternoon.
DSC01876.JPG
Where we "Tie up"
.DSC02023.JPG
For perspective.

All of the parts, dock, towboat, and barge are animated. Another reason I spend so much time out there!:)

Sorry about the hijack:(

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow it just keeps getting better! You do wonderful work @Timothy
That was clever how you made your wife happy by making it look so beautiful and now you can enjoy doing all that you do and keep the peace too (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you JW!
She's a pretty good sport. I'm retired and spend my days dubbing around the house, wood shop, and pond while she's still enhancing her Social Security. She's #1 in seniority out of a couple hundred in her work place and I keep telling her she worked hard and out lasted everyone else so she should continue to wear that crown for at least two or three more years.:)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Timothy Hmmmmmmmm something wrong w/this picture, so you play and she works,lol! She must like her job or she'd take off like you did. If she gets good pay then she might as well add to the nest egg while she can. Both myself and hubby are retired and getting ready to take off soon for a trip down south of us while house sitters watch our place. In fact we leave tomorrow for Arizona!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Timothy Hmmmmmmmm something wrong w/this picture, so you play and she works,lol! She must like her job or she'd take off like you did....................................................
......... In fact we leave tomorrow for Arizona!

She knows she can bail out anytime she wants to, but I suspect she goes to work so she can get away from me and interact
with adults.:) I retired because work interfered with the projects. :D

Have a safe trip to Sunny Arizona!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yeah and we are not there to meet you this time JW

Wish you were down there waiting for us. I'm a bit concerned about traveling down I-5 today as California is dumping tons of rain and causing havoc. Hope we can get down as far as we need to to cut over to Az.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wish you were down there waiting for us. I'm a bit concerned about traveling down I-5 today as California is dumping tons of rain and causing havoc. Hope we can get down as far as we need to to cut over to Az.
Drive safe, California went from drought to too much rain.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
JW you may need to take a boat with you .I would never go back and work longer for more money .Retiring at 50 years old was a blessing .I traveled at first while still working on the house and now just do day trips here or there and enjoy home ,hubby and puppies .Sis back and watch the world spin by .I guess in a lot of ways I have always been a home body

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
It's spring....early.

I brought back the one ranchu and pearscale and they didn't like it... they're pouting at the bottom of the pond. They did that in the tank too when I let the temp slowly go to 50.

Everyone else is up...water is 55 F.

Yesterday I spotted one of my rainbow darters in the skimmer and I saw at least two dojo loaches come out and several blackstripe topminnows surface. My plants don't know its spring yet.. everything is dormant except for the Irises that never truly die.

Attachments

• IMG_7242.JPG
    IMG_7242.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7243.JPG
    IMG_7243.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_7244.JPG
    IMG_7244.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7245.JPG
    IMG_7245.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sitting here overnight in a rest area near Sacramento. Some flooded area's just off the I-5 freeway here. Some parts only one lane open while crews clear debris clogging creeks that overflowed across the freeway. Made it safely across the Siskiou mountain passes. Raining off and on and wind was horrid. Going to try to get across to Arizona tomorrow. I feel like we are living in pond. They are expecting much more rain. Could be up to a foot in some places here in Cal.Where is my nice dry warmth?

Ask a Question