What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Just a thin, clear layer of ice on the pond. I could see at least 15 fish alive and well, which is a good sign. Saw a bullfrog a few days ago. Can't wait to get my pump going again so the water starts getting filtered. Could be within the next few weeks if the weather starts cooperating.

Looked back on previous winters. In 2016, I was able to start my pump on March 9th, and last year I started it on the 19th, so it's definitely getting close to that time, which will be great!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
Pond filling up w/nice fresh rainwater and fish are swimming around enjoying the warmer temps.They may not mind the rain but I sure do. Just ordered a new cushy seat for my bicycle and am wanting to be able to use it when it arrives.

IMG_8574.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
@audioenvy your fish are sure bright and frisky in that super clear pond water. Is it warmer there now or still pretty cold in Utah?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
@audioenvy your fish are sure bright and frisky in that super clear pond water. Is it warmer there now or still pretty cold in Utah?
It's been up and down. Two weeks ago was pretty warm but the high was 41 degrees yesterday. We got snow last night. This week we may see mid 50s again. My water stays at around 60 F because I keep the cover on (but can lift it back to take video or lightly feed every so often).

Reactions: j.w

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
We are a little warmer here but not much. Snow level is supposed to drop to around 1000 ft here. We won't get any tho as we are only about 300 ft. No covered pond here, my fish have to bear some cold but not a lot. I see plants in my pond starting to sprout up so Spring is coming!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Ponds frozen again, snow falling huge flakes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
Deja Vu...... These 2 pics were taken today. Look back at my post on March 7 #5441.
_DSC0049.JPG
_DSC0050.JPG
Two weeks later, the second day of spring and buried in snow:banghead:. I know the fish are fine but I wouldn't blame them for booking a flight down south:cool:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
The ducks finally returned! They got here before I could get the pond running. They woke me up early this morning. Looks like Wednesday will be fairly nice out so I'll be getting the pump going then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
My pond looks really good, all my koi are swimming around and up to the surface, so I'm happy I can enjoy them again even on rainy days from the kitchen window...the only window I keep super clean
smcleanwind.gif
:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
She hasn't been back since it snowed - no tracks in the snow from her.
Oh dear :( I wonder what that means? I don't think we've had such a cold spell since I started ponding.....I really wish I hadn't taken the cover off the pond!

Ask a Question