What does your pond look like ... Today?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is portable so that makes it better than other systems as you can take it with you .I wondered also and looked it up on google

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Eventually I'll get tired of taking duck pics, but it's not often you can sit three feet away without them moving.

IMG_1738 copy.jpg

IMG_1745 copy.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The good...
(A new blackwater aquarium I'm in the process of setting up. More on that in a separate thread)

IMG_7996.jpg

The bad...
(a poor quality Aquascape air pump that has difficulty providing air to anything more than 2 feet deep)

IMG_7995.jpg

and the ugly...
My pond as of this morning.
(Because I'm an optimist, I found 2 shubunkins and a single comet survived this past winter.:))

IMG_7994.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
people really upset me these days .You try to make them understand and they don't want to listen but I hope when they think about it that I am working with them .It is not cheap for me to treat there fish and help them make the pond they have work .They are upset that I told them the fish need at least 40 days and that will also help the pond mature .The fish are still not healed enough to go back ,do they think that they heal over night .I have to test water everyday and clean the filters and then every other day add meds .I also may have to add water or more zeolite if ammonia goes up even the tiniest bit and I do this 4 times a day .I even check them at night .People seem to think you dig a hole put a liner in and water and a pump and add fish and the pond world will be all rainbows and sunshine .OH WELL .I sure don't want to fishnap their fish

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
people really upset me these days .You try to make them understand and they don't want to listen but I hope when they think about it that I am working with them .It is not cheap for me to treat there fish and help them make the pond they have work .They are upset that I told them the fish need at least 40 days and that will also help the pond mature .The fish are still not healed enough to go back ,do they think that they heal over night .I have to test water everyday and clean the filters and then every other day add meds .I also may have to add water or more zeolite if ammonia goes up even the tiniest bit and I do this 4 times a day .I even check them at night .People seem to think you dig a hole put a liner in and water and a pump and add fish and the pond world will be all rainbows and sunshine .OH WELL .I sure don't want to fishnap their fish
You're right, Sissy. Patience is a virtue that is in short supply these days.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The good...
(A new blackwater aquarium I'm in the process of setting up. More on that in a separate thread)

View attachment 99001

The bad...
(a poor quality Aquascape air pump that has difficulty providing air to anything more than 2 feet deep)

View attachment 99002

and the ugly...
My pond as of this morning.
(Because I'm an optimist, I found 2 shubunkins and a single comet survived this past winter.:))

View attachment 99003
Hang tough, Mitch. At least the pond surface is finally free of ice. (y)

Ask a Question