What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The interesting thing will be that I'll have to set my alarm early tomorrow morning. They'll leave very early, and they'll probably need my help getting out of the window well. We also have storms in the forecast which will complicate things.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Guess since you are home now the ducklings are still fine. I am going to worry about them till they are safe at the next pond they will live at. How many do you think have hatched? Are you going to be able to herd them tomorrow to their new home? Need all the details of how it goes :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Guess since you are home now the ducklings are still fine. I am going to worry about them till they are safe at the next pond they will live at. How many do you think have hatched? Are you going to be able to herd them tomorrow to their new home? Need all the details of how it goes :)

They are all fine. I counted as many as 10 earlier, but may be more.
If they leave early tomorrow morning I'll be able to watch over them, at least if they head to the pond in the woods. If they go in a different direction they'll be on their own. I'm planning on waking up before sunrise. I'm expecting they'll leave around then. They may leave before I get up. The other issue is that if they leave before sunrise, I legally can't follow them into the woods because the park is closed until sunrise.
We'll see what happens.

I took a few more photos and video today, so I'll post them when I get the chance.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Legally, smegally, this is one time you are allowed to break the law. What are they going to do arrest you for duck guarding. I can see the headlines now: Pondguy jailed for protecting sweet little ducklings, neighbors outraged :LOL:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Legally, smegally, this is one time you are allowed to break the law. What are they going to do arrest you for duck guarding. I can see the headlines now: Pondguy jailed for protecting sweet little ducklings, neighbors outraged :LOL:

No trespassing tickets for me, or whatever penalty they may give.

Here's another photo, one of the best. I'll share the rest in another topic once I get the videos uploaded. They all get bursts of energy one minute, and the next they're all sleeping.
IMG_2204 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nice and bright out, Mrs. Duck is still here with her ducklings. The other female duck is here too and being stubborn about leaving so I'll let her stay. The male is the only one who attacks the nesting female so I'm on alert. Also, just discovered this morning that the Red Fox is back, so that makes things a little more interesting.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@JBtheExplorer they are just too sweet! Oh no the dreaded fox, hope they will be ok. Mrs duck needs to get them to a safe place away from the fox soon. Would love to see video's :happy:

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Anyone know what these are? They flower a thumb of purple that you can see in the bottom picture.

Attachments

• 2017-05-16 06.51.44.jpg
    2017-05-16 06.51.44.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 132
  • 2017-05-16 06.51.50.jpg
    2017-05-16 06.51.50.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 2017-05-16 06.51.59.jpg
    2017-05-16 06.51.59.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 135

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I hope not. I think this came with the pack of bog plants Addy sent me, maybe she knows. She knows all!! :)
I've done some looking, I think they might be Canna Lilies?
Or white ginger?

Last edited:

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I hope not. I think this came with the pack of bog plants Addy sent me, maybe she knows. She knows all!! :)
I've done some looking, I think they might be Canna Lilies?
Or white ginger?
I'm a white ginger. The ginger hair's turning grey, though. :ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question