What does your pond look like ... Today?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Appears to be the final Marsh Marigold bloom of the year. Hate to see it end, but it means other plants will start flowering.
IMG_2309 copy.jpg

Speaking of other plants flowering, my Wild Geranium is beginning to flower. I have this over near the bog next to my ferns.
IMG_2317 copy.jpg

This is Bush's Coneflower. It's the only true Echinacea specie that isn't naturally pink or purple. This one is yellow. I'm hoping it'll bloom this year. I've heard that blooms can be small and sparse early in its life, but I'll be happy with just one.
IMG_2314 copy.jpg

My original Orange Milkweed is doing phenomenal this year! Can't wait to see it bloom.
IMG_2315 copy.jpg

Here's the bog.
IMG_2313 copy.jpg

...and here's the bullfrog that tried eating my fish last week. The fish has been doing great since I saved it.
IMG_2311 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No ducklings for Mr Bullfrog thank goodness!

Yeah, and I have another bullfrog that's at least twice the size. Could've easily killed one of the ducklings, but luckily that wasn't the case. They'll still face all those dangers out in the wild, though.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You mean you hear yourself snore moonshadows ,that is really bad :LOL::ROFLMAO:must wake you up a lot ,who do you blame for that ;)

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Today they're thinning trees in the woods north of here. Can you spot a guy (orange) in the middle of this shot? He's about a hundred yards away and over a hundred feet up, dropping thin Douglas firs from the top down. Thankfully, they're not clearing the woods, only removing thin or sick trees to reduce windfalls and aid in fire prevention.
IMG_4329.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I would hate to show all the trees going down around here and the mess they leave behind .I watchh the power tower workers here and it scares the heck out of me .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not planted yet, but I'm adding a new native plant to the pond area. This is Prairie Smoke. It flowers early in the season, then eventually gets "troll hair". Many people grow it for the troll hair stage rather than the flower stage. Mine are still in the flower stage. This is a plant that I've thought about getting since I first started growing native plants, but it was one of those things where there was always something else I wanted to buy first. At this point, I've just about crossed all the plants off my list. I've bought seed for just about everything to keep the cost low, so it was nice to just go and buy a plant.

IMG_2338 copy.jpg

I also picked up Indian Pink, which is a popular Hummingbird attractor. It'll be going out in my native garden.

Ask a Question