What does your pond look like ... Today?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think I have seen the plant you were asking about out in the yard, but no clue what it is, one of those I leave to grow as it might be a "good" plant for the bees.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I had a dead bird in my pond this morning. Poor thing, I have no idea how he died but saw him in the waterfall early this morning. I'm glad I went and checked it out, I thought it might be a floating lily that busted free last week and almost ignored it. That would have been a mess. Anyway he is out but it was not a lovely way to start my morning.
Although mine was better than the poor bird so I guess I can't complain.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is mine, 9 am and already 75-80 degrees, nice
image.jpg

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
After dredging the leaves twice I've got the upper hand again, my water looks very inviting, algae only on the liner. The edges and creeping jenny are free of bubbly floaty algae.! My neighbor just came over to borrow my sump pump to drain his pond, he said he saw a lot of mosquito larvae!!! I suggested he run an air bubbler to keep the water fresh.

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Saw my first frog ! I was sitting on the pond wall and he hopped across the yard and climbed up the wall, jumped into the pond, swam across to the other side, and climbed out. Too cool!
KIMG1248.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I really thought saving my old water from the pond would help more ,but not .I even cleaned part of the old liners back and laid it in the pond with the muck on it .At least that is helping some but not as much as I thought .I guess time and patience again

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Do you have Bullfrogs?

That was my first thought...

My pond water looks like weak coffee... or strong tea, depending on your preference. We have a crabapple tree that drops blossoms into it every year by the bucket load. They "skim" out, but if I didn't clean out the overflow quick enough and all the rain has turned them all into a nice pile of brown gloop. That's the technical term, FYI. Hence the stained water.

Ahhhh... this too shall pass!

Ask a Question